3.5.2 Reoccurring Event Duplicate Remover

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 3.5.2 Reoccurring Event Duplicate Remover

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    I updated my PRO Calendar to the 3.5.2 and also grabbed the Reoccurring Event Duplicate Remover. However, when I run this remover, it runs only for a brief moment and none of my (many) duplicate reoccurring events are removed. Any Ideas?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy whirlmagazine,

We briefly had an alpha release of that plugin that had a glitch in it. I just want to make sure you are using the latest version, linked to from here: https://theeventscalendar.com/release-events-calendar-pro-3-5-2-hotfix/

Some questions if the above does not fix:

1. Can you clarify what you mean about it is only running for a brief moment? You should be able to keep that plugin activated alongside your other ones. At least until the duplicates go away. H
    2. How long is a “moment” would you guess? How many events do you have in total?
    3. What server/host are you using? Do you know how much memory you are allowed to use, usually definied in the php.ini file.

Finally, again if the updated plugin did not fix it, would you mind grabbing your system information and pasting it here? Make sure to use the ‘Set as private reply’ checkbox to protect your private information from the public. You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings, clicking on the “Help” tab, and scrolling down to the ‘System Information’ box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help) That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Thanks! Pardon all my questions. I was asking everything I could think of that might be relevant, that way we can get it resolved the quickest. Cheers!

– Brook

Jack Tumpson
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

You are very welcome Jordan!

I did notice that these duplicate events that are not resolving differ slightly whether it is the phone number or email. I apologize if this is actually a problem on my end.

I think that this is the problem. Our duplicate checker is intended only for events that were created by a bug in our 3.5 update. They were created more or less automatically by our plugin in some server configurations. Obviously that is no good, so we created this plugin to fix those. Basically with that sort of duplicate, the mere act of opening up one of those events in WP admin and pressing Update caused that event’s duplicates to disappear. So, our plugin basically opens up each event and clicks save. Thus it only removes 100% identical duplicates that have some fairly unique properties. It is not a generic duplicate checker.

I apologize if the plugin does not fill your needs. It was designed to address a bug, nothing more. 🙁

Please let me know if you have any more questions, or if I have misunderstood you in anyways. Cheers!

– Brook

Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Yes, I was beginning to think that was the case. Thanks for the thorough response!
    The support as always was top grade!
    Take Care,
    – Jordan

Brook
    Participant

I hear ya, and you are very welcome! Glad to hear you have enjoyed our support. If you ever do want something like a duplicate checker and you think other people would want it to, please recommend it on our feature suggestion site.

If you have not already done so and have a minute or two, we would love it if you could write a few words about the plugin here. Happy developing!

– Brook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘3.5.2 Reoccurring Event Duplicate Remover’ is closed to new replies.