2nd Request: Evil Spammer Check Box Not Appearing

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events 2nd Request: Evil Spammer Check Box Not Appearing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jpehrler
    Participant

For several people who have attempted to add an event, they are not seeing the checkbox next to the Evil Spammer line. I checked it and it’s not appearing in Chrome. I need to remove this from the page. Can you tell me how to do this ASAP. I have people waiting to add their Events.

Barry

Hi! It’s looking as if you already figured this one out – can you confirm if you’re good to go here/need further help?

jpehrler
    Participant

We removed the code but are still getting the red shaded warning that says “Please check the box below to prove you are not an evil Spammer”

jpehrler
    Participant

This appears to be an issue that the check boxes are not appearing in certain browsers. For instance, the check boxes that should be next to each Event Category are not appearing at all in Chrome. Is there something we are missing or is this a wider-spread issue?

Barry

OK … I’m a little unclear here. If you’ve removed the code that displays the I am not an evil spammer then, basically, the checkbox should not be appearing. Can you confirm which code you removed?

If you then want to eliminate the warning message you could try inserting this line of code into your custom community/event-form.php template:

<input type="hidden" name="naes" value="1" />

That could go just above the following line:

<?php do_action( 'tribe_ce_event_submission_form_before_post_submit_button' ); ?>

Does that help at all?

jpehrler
    Participant

That’s only part of the issue Barry. When I checked the page in IE and Chrome, the check boxes don’t appear next to the Category choices. I can send you a screen cap if you like.

Barry

OK, since that’s quite distinct from the evil spammer issue can I ask you to create a separate thread for that one?

With regards to the evil spammer issue itself, are you happy with the above solution (and your own workaround of removing the checkbox itself) or do you need further help there?

jpehrler
    Participant

Have not removed the code yet. Dev will have to do that.

Barry

OK, just let us know as and when if you need further help and we can take things from there.

Barry

We’ll keep this open a little longer – just be aware this thread will be closed after a week or so of inactivity.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘2nd Request: Evil Spammer Check Box Not Appearing’ is closed to new replies.