2d barcode

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus 2d barcode

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mierlp
    Participant

Hello,

If we sell a ticket, the created 2d Barcode is a URL of our site?

Is it possible that the 2d Barcode is the ticketnumber ?

Thanx.

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I hope you are doing well

Do you mean the QR Codes? It might be helpful to understand what a QR code is before beginning to use them with your tickets. You can think of QR codes as being similar to UPC barcodes in functionality, though their usage is typically a bit more complex. While barcodes are used primarily to encode simple numerical values, QR codes can contain a variety of data types, including web URLs, contact cards, and even payment information for mobile transactions. Event Tickets Plus uses QR codes to embed unique check-in URLs for each ticket in your order database; when the QR code is scanned by a site administrator or another user with sufficient permissions, the URL is accessed, and the ticket is checked in automatically.

If you need to read a full description of how QR Codes work with Events Tickets Plus, you will have to read this article, where there’s a full explanation of what QR codes are and how they work for your event.

Best,

Juan.

mierlp
    Participant

Juan,

We now what QR codes are…

But when we sell a ticket, the code in the QR is the URL of the site and the code of the event.

But i want that the QR is the ticket number, and not an URL with simple crackable code

See attachment..

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the follow-up. That’s great, I was trying to clarify and see if we were on the same page.

Unfortunately, the QR code cannot be configured or modified via settings. However, there are chances that you could work on some type of customization via extension and make that work. The QR scan code will also have to be modified. Please have in mind that custom development tasks are outside of our stated scope of support.

Having said this, I wanted to bring up that we have a QR code scanning check-in app launching soon and if you proceed with that customization, it would be incompatible. And we are also finding ways to increase the security of QR codes.

If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can.

Juan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Peter!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, where we now include the security code into the ticket’s QR code.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-9-september-2018/

By default, the QR code check-in process will not check for the security code. This is to allow previously created tickets to still be functional. However, if you wish to turn on the security code verification, you can use the following snippet:

add_filter('tribe_tickets_plus_qr_check_security_code', 'tribe_check_security_code' );
    function tribe_check_security_code() {
        return true;
    }

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Also, make sure you check out our QR Code Check-in App > https://theeventscalendar.com/qr-code-scanning-app/

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and see if it works for your site. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘2d barcode’ is closed to new replies.