2778 Page not found URLs!!!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 2778 Page not found URLs!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pdelite
    Participant

Hello, we just found that the event calendar has created 2,778 page not found errors! When I click on ANY day that has no event, it is showing as a page not found error. Please help ASAP!
    Here is an example of a page: http://tinyurl.com/q7leckk

pdelite
    Participant

I did some digging in this forum and implemented the following fix for the functions.php file:

//Added to work around the issue with Events Calendar Pro returning 404 titles.
    if( function_exists(‘avoid_404_event_titles’)){
    function avoid_404_event_titles() {
    global $wp_query;

if (property_exists($wp_query, ‘tribe_is_event’) && $wp_query->tribe_is_event && $wp_query->is_404)
    $wp_query->is_404 = false;
    }

add_action(‘template_include’, ‘avoid_404_event_titles’, 1);
    };
    …and…
    I’ve also added the single-day.php file in the following path:
    MY-THEME/tribe-events/month/single-day.php
    However, I’m still seeing the page not found reference in the title here: http://www.seniornestreferrals.com/events/2013-09-13/ and now the ical Import Day’s events button is displaying a File not found error as you can see here:
    http://www.seniornestreferrals.com/events/2013-09-13/?ical=1&tribe_display=day
    I am using Yoast’s SEO plugin if that comes into play here at all.
    Thank you.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, pdelite. Thanks for the update. As you may have found, we’ve had lots of reports of the 404s for days with no events scheduled. We’re working on resolving that in an upcoming production release. I’m very glad to hear that you’ve been able to find a workaround.

It sounds like there are a couple issues at play: 1) a known issue on our end with our plugin that we’re working on and 2) we have had reports that the plugin doesn’t integrate properly with Yoast’s SEO plugin.

Thanks for letting us know about your interim solution. We’ve definitely got a fix in the works for the first, so are you good until we can get that out in a forthcoming release?

pdelite
    Participant

Well, when I run a check on the website, the sitemap tool I’m using is still showing page not found errors, so hopefully you’ll be able to come up with the update soon. I’m not sure how webmaster tools will read these pages. Do you have an approximate date for a fix?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, pdelite. Unfortunately, I don’t have a specific date.

These errors are known issues, and they’re on our radar. We’ll have them rolled into an upcoming production release, but I can’t promise you when.

Are there any other questions I can answer before I close your thread?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘2778 Page not found URLs!!!’ is closed to new replies.