2 Tickets issued for 1 purchase revisited

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus 2 Tickets issued for 1 purchase revisited

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Albert
    Participant

This issue is still persisting and not resolved

Albert
    Participant

The problem is that a customer purchase a ticket through PayPal and sometimes two tickets is issued for 1 purchase. I do not know how or why it happens but is is messing up our website available tickets per event and also the attendee list as it duplicate the attendee also. see attached pictures for this.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Albert,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Sorry to hear about this issue. I saw your other thread with Sky that got closed.

This is a bug we know about. We have it ticketed and our developers will take a look at it soon. I will add your voice to the ticket.

What one other user reported is:

“We are currently using PayPal as our only payment processor and I believe I may have isolated the issue. It only seems to occur when IPN and PDT payment notifications are received simultaneously (see attached image).”

Check if the case is similar for you.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Albert
    Participant

Greatto hear that. We have also found it only with PayPal transactions but cannot narrow it down further as some transactions do not show this behaviour and i do not know how to inspect it.

Andras
    Keymaster

Okay, thanks for letting us know.

We’ll get back to you once we have something.

Cheers,
    Andras

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, where we included a five minute delay to the attendee record generation that we think will solve the duplicated tickets issue you’ve been experiencing.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-13-january-2019/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for you. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to assist.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘2 Tickets issued for 1 purchase revisited’ is closed to new replies.