2.0.11 vs 3.0 in recurring event times.

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions 2.0.11 vs 3.0 in recurring event times.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DIrk Becker

I’d like to have a recurring event that isn’t as regularly scheduled. For example, the same event occurs on Monday at 2:30pm and on Thursday at 4pm and again on Saturday at 11am. Is that possible with 3.0? because I know it isn’t in 2.0.11 because I just bought it and tried and can’t seem to make that work.

Rob

Hey Dirk. Thanks for the note here, and let me apologize for not hitting your tweet on this subject earlier.

We are definitely working on the best way to approach advanced/randomized recurrence patterns, for the 3.0 lifecycle. This will admittedly not be included in the initial 3.0 build because it’s too complex to integrate at this time. As it stands, in both 2.0.11 and 3.0, the advanced recurrence options are limited to those under the Custom section of the dropdown (more on that here: https://theeventscalendar.com/pro-2-0-a-detailed-look-at-custom-recurrence/).

The biggest challenge dealing with the pattern you’ve described is the fact that events are at different times. You could have an event occur at 2:30 on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. But once the times change it causes a conflict. You could work around it by setting the events as a recurring all-day, with the description saying “Mondays at 2:30, Thursdays at 4, etc.” But that isn’t perfect for obvious reasons and my guess is wouldn’t accomplish your end goal as effectively as you’d like.

Hope that helps and sorry I couldn’t offer anything more. If you have other questions here, or if I can elaborate on the above, let me know.

DIrk Becker

Thanks Rob,
    Thanks for the info. would this be a consideration for a future plugin or update?

Rob

We’re hoping to integrate it into the PRO release, so you don’t have to buy another add-on…we just need to find how to do it effectively. The complex recurrence patterns are looking deep enough that they’ll probably require we rewrite the recurrence architecture, but given how much demand for it we’ve seen, I suspect it’ll be one of our top priorities once we get the initial 3.0 build out.

Hope that helps. If you need anything else, please do let me know. Apologies once more that I couldn’t offer you anything more substantive in the short-term.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2.0.11 vs 3.0 in recurring event times.’ is closed to new replies.