2.0.10 Update Kills Dropdown Menus on My Site

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 2.0.10 Update Kills Dropdown Menus on My Site

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    JAMAL
    Participant

When I updated to the new version of Events Cal & PRO, my dropdown menus will no longer work. Other tabs and buttons are unresponsive as well. Previous versions worked fine. Can you help? My site no longer has a calendar of events until this bug is fixed, and for a ministry a calendar is very important.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jamal,

Do you have a page I can look at where the issue is happening?

– Jonah

JAMAL
    Participant

Oooo :-/ Well we needed a working site so I’ve deactivated the Events Cal altogether. It will only work when it’s deactivated. So…?

JAMAL
    Participant

pathofthejust.org is our site, and any page there was a tab, button, or dropdown menu it was happening. Don’t know if that will help.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jamal,

The only thing I can suggest without being able to take a look at things is to try manually reinstalling both plugins (core and PRO). Something may have gone wrong when you updated.

Does that help?

– Jonah

JAMAL
    Participant

If I delete the plugin won’t it erase all of our events?

Jonah
    Participant

No, it won’t delete all your events. The events are in your database, not in any of the files. You don’t need to delete the plugin to reinstall either, just manually download both plugins and re-copy over all the files in the wp-content/plugins directory.

– Jonah

JAMAL
    Participant

They fail to install because the folder already exists. So I’ll have to delete it then right?

Jonah
    Participant

If you copy over the files in an FTP program it should let you overwrite whats’s there. Otherwise, you can also rename the folders to include ‘-bak’ at the end of the folder name and they will deactivate and then you can install the plugins again. You’ll end up having duplicates on the plugins page but that’s ok. Just make sure to activate the new plugins – you can tell the difference between the two by hovering over the activate link and looking at the path/folder name in the browser status bar. You’ll see the ‘-bak’ suffix for the plugins in the folders you renamed.

– Jonah

JAMAL
    Participant

if you go to the site now you’ll see that all the drop-down menus are dead. also go here http://pathofthejust.org/pages/our_services/ and try to click on the tabs, they’re dead to.

JAMAL
    Participant

something about 2.0.10 doesn’t gel with my site

JAMAL
    Participant

can i just revert back to the previous version that didn’t jack up my site?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jamal,

Looks like you must have reverted things again because I cannot see any issues on your site now. Yes, you can revert back to 2.0.9 and use that as long as you want. At some point though I would suggest you update and figure out the issue. If you want to send me WP Admin credentials and FTP access I’d be happy to take a look myself. You can email those to pro [at] tri [dot] be and attn. to me and reference this thread. I’ll take a look as soon as I can.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jamal,

I figured out what the issue is, there is a conflict with the Ultimate DJ Manager plugin. With that plugin deactivated, our plugin works fine and so do your site drop down menus. I would suggest contacting the Ultimate DJ Manager developer to see if they can help you or if you don’t need that plugin, deactivate it and our plugin will work like normal.

Let me know if you have any questions or need anything else.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘2.0.10 Update Kills Dropdown Menus on My Site’ is closed to new replies.