To exercise your rights under GDPR and send a request to Modern Tribe, please fill in our GDPR rights form.
Even though Modern Tribe is based in the United States, we strive to remain compliant with the EU’s GDPR directive for our EU users. As such, we’ve compiled the information below, that you may review at any time. If you have further questions, it’s best to contact us by email. If you are making a data request, this must be done via our request form.
What are your details?
Modern Tribe Inc. is an American company, formed in 2007. Our postal address is:
80 S 8th St. Ste 990
Minneapolis, MN 55402-2150
What are the contract terms?
When subscribed to our products or services, you are on a monthly or annual renewal Agreement but can cancel at any time.
What personal data is held by Modern Tribe?
Records necessary to provide you with our products and services.
Your account with theeventscalendar.com, such information stored includes:
- Your name, email address, billing address, IP address for transactional purchases as well as marketing/re-marketing purposes, payment method information, account username, account password (which is encrypted), license keys assigned to you, any Support threads you’ve opened, purchase emails, Support emails you’ve initiated, and transactional records
Your account with Loxi.io, such information stored includes:
- Your name, email address, billing address, IP address for transactional purchases as well as marketing/re-marketing purposes, payment method information, account username, account password (which is encrypted), embedded URLs of your calendar(s), event data, venue & organizer data, any Support threads you’ve opened, purchase emails, Support emails you’ve initiated, and transactional records
Your use (as a Site Owner) of our plugin(s), such information stored includes:
- System Information (if supplied directly by you to our Support Team), Install domain, License key to validate (if premium plugin or service), WP Version, PHP Version, MySQL Version, Theme info, Site language, User language, Site public status, WP_DEBUG status, Site Timezone, Multisite status, Network activated status, Number of all active sites in multisite
- For our Event Aggregator service (excludes CSV file import), the following data is collected (strictly for processing requirements in order to serve you through our import service):
- We store the data fetched from origin sources, which might include organizer and venue details accessible to you through API keys only, via caching. After a short period of time (est. 12 hours – 7 days), data is automatically deleted on our servers as we’ve completed processing data to your website.
- 1. Our policy disclosure detailing the information collected through your use of our plugin(s) as listed above
- 2. A policy disclosure you may use within your own policy informing your our site & plugin users of what data is collected by you through the use of our plugin(s)
In addition, we use third party services within certain plugins, such as The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO, and Event Tickets. These services include Google Maps as well as PayPal (when you setup and connect these within our plugins). It’s important to note that your use of these third party services fall under their own privacy and data collection policies, which are separate from our own.
How can I exercise my GDPR rights, like request my data to be deleted?
You can contact us directly at any time by making a request here.
Where is data stored and processed?
Currently, all data is stored and processed in the United States.
How do you handle deleting data?
Records that we can legally delete and/or anonymize can be done so upon your request. You may contact us at any time to have your data deleted and/or anonymized. Please note, once this has been done, there will not be an option to reverse your decision.
What measures do you have in place to protect data?
As much of your data as possible is encrypted. Additionally, we have multiple security measures in place to protect your data, including limited access to team members.
What 3rd parties do you share data with?
What access controls do you have in place?
Modern Tribe limits access to data based on company discipline, meaning members of our team only have access to the data needed to execute specific duties, including requests made by you. We also put in place, a variety of measures to ensure appropriate access, including 2FA.