WooTickets not working after updating WooCommerce to 2.3.0 (and then to 2.3.1)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooTickets not working after updating WooCommerce to 2.3.0 (and then to 2.3.1)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Margaret Tehan
    Participant

Hello, I was all set… just waiting on a little bit of outstanding content from my client and then I was planning to launch my site at https://margare4.arvixevps.com/~cthomeshow/ — but while I am waiting on my client’s content, I saw that WooCommerce came out today with a major update. So I backed up my site and I updated WooCommerce. I followed all of the instrux to the letter – updating the permalinks, etc. and everything went well… except that – when I try to add my tickets from my event into my cart, I get the following error:

500 Internal Server Error
    The request was not completed. The server met an unexpected condition.

margare4.arvixevps.com/~cthomeshow/cart/ (port 443)
    Please forward this error screen to margare4.arvixevps.com’s WebMaster.

To replicate it, please go to: https://margare4.arvixevps.com/~cthomeshow/event/68th-connecticut-home-remodeling-show/ — scroll to the bottom of the page and try to add a ticket to the cart.

So… in order to troubleshoot this problem, I deactivated the child theme that I was using… just to make sure that none of the customizations that I was using were the cause of this problem.

Then I deactivated WooTickets. And then I navigated to “WooCommerce” –> “Products” in the dashboard, viewed one of the tickets in the products section and added it to my cart. And I was able to add it without getting a 500 Internal Server Error. This tells me that the problem lies with WooTickets.

I did do some customization of WooTickets as well… according to your own how-tos. I brought the tickets to the top of the event page. You can see the customizations that I did by visiting this page. I followed Brian’s instructions. So… seeing as how I deactivated the child theme and the problem persisted, then I deactivated WooTickets and the problem ceased, I’m thinking that the problem lies with WooTickets.

I desperately need to launch this website as soon as my client is ready. It’s for a very large home show taking place on Feb. 27 and this site is the only way for people to buy tickets to the event.

If I have to, I can restore the site to it’s working condition via the backup that I made prior to updating the site to Woo’s 2.3.0 update. But I’d really rather launch this important site with all of its plugins being the most current versions. I hope to hear from someone today at your earliest convenience. Thanks so very much. This plugin is fabulous. I just hope that we can get it fixed today before my client sees that it’s not working when it worked this morning! Thanks again.

– Peggi

wickedsimple
    Participant

Hi Peggi,

I have the exact same issue! Just happened today after the update. I’m hoping that there is a resolution!

Donna

Margaret Tehan
    Participant

Well… I think I’m going to have to revert to my back-up. My client just sent me an email with the outstanding content and he wants the site launched today. But I’m going to keep “Notify me of follow-up replies” checked because – as Donna from Wicked Simple Marketing said above – she’s having the same problem. So I might have to launch the site and use it with the outdated version of WooCommerce and then update to the current version on March 2 — after the home show ends. Please keep me posted re: a fix for this problem. Thank you.

Stéphane Bergeron
    Participant

I don’t have that issue specifically but, after the WooCommerce 2.3.x update, I get a memory allocation error when I try to add an event/ticket to the cart. I reverted to WooCommerce 2.2.11 for now.

I do not see any reports of such problems on the WooCommerce forums on WordPress.org so it doesn’t seem to be a widespread issue. The exact error I’m getting is this:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 314572800) (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /_dev/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 973

wickedsimple
    Participant

Peggi, I reverted back to the prior version of WooCommerce and it’s all working fine again. There is definitely an integration problem with the latest upgrade of WooCommerce and WooCommerce Tickets. (BTW, the site that I manage was launched back in September and this is the first time this has happened, which leads me to strongly concur that there’s an issue here.)

Good luck with your site launch!

Donna

Margaret Tehan
    Participant

Hi Donna, this is killing me! I haven’t had to revert back to an old backp via BackupBuddy in so long that I’m unsure if I’m doing it correctly. Yikes!

Barry

Hi everyone,

I’m sorry you’ve had such a rough ride.

We’re actively investigating and I’ll do my best to keep you informed as we progress this issue: thanks so much for your support and patience in the meantime.

Barry

Rolling back to an older version of WooCommerce is definitely a valid approach – and if you prefer to do that that’s absolutely fine.

We’re going to try and release a substantive fix for this problem as quickly as we can, but in the meantime if you prefer not to downgrade/cannot downgrade WooCommerce this short snippet – which is intended to be added, temporarily, to your theme’s functions.php file – should help:

// Compatibility fix to help run WooCommerce Tickets 3.9 with WooCommerce 2.3.x
    if ( class_exists( 'TribeWooTickets' ) ) {
       // Form reference to ticket processing callback
       $wootickets = TribeWooTickets::get_instance();
       $callback = array( $wootickets, 'process_front_end_tickets_form' );

// Switch to a later action
       remove_action( 'init', $callback );
       add_action( 'wp_loaded', $callback );
    }

Please let me know if that doesn’t help and, again, rest assured that we’ll roll out a fix that doesn’t require a snippet to be added as quickly as we can.

hmendez
    Participant

I’m standing by with a solution to this problem. I am selling tickets for an event this Friday and now this:
    500 Internal Server Error

hmendez
    Participant

Barry,
    I appreciate what you are doing, but please don’t forget that you are also dealing with people that don’t know how to do what you are suggesting.
    How do I add that to my theme’s functions.php file?

hmendez
    Participant

I figured it out and adding the snippet worked.

Barry

Glad you got it working, hmendez.

You’re absolutely right, though, not everyone will be comfortable editing their theme’s functions.php file and in such a case you can download this plugin version of the fix instead. You only need the fix in plugin form or theme functions.php file form – not both!

Simply upload it through the usual WordPress plugin upload screen and activate: once our next WooCommerce Tickets release is rolled out, you can then deactivate and delete it.

Stéphane Bergeron
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the update and code snippet. It has fixed our specific error (memory allocation) on our dev install as well. Kudos for giving us a fix this quickly!

Alexander
    Participant

Hi,

the fix works for me… Tanks a lot!

Barry

I’m glad it helped – and our apologies once again for the disruption.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘WooTickets not working after updating WooCommerce to 2.3.0 (and then to 2.3.1)’ is closed to new replies.