Wrong sequence displaying recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Wrong sequence displaying recurring events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Uwe Matern
    Participant

Good Day from Germany,

I reported the below issue already in April 2018 and it still exists! Unfortunately it was closed from your side. Pls reopen again:

Description:

we have an issue with displaying recurring events.

We use all the pro plugins including the filter bar plugin.

If we have the case that an organizer has an recurring event, say weekly, and we select those organizer in the filterbar then the displayed event in the result list is not the next one but it seems to show an event randomly. After pressing browser refresh the result is correct. Tested with Safari and Firefox.

Example: https://finde-deinen-malkurs.de/kurse/?tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=list&tribe_organizers=5887

The recurring event: “Bunte Hunde Teens – Donnerstag ” is displayed for June 2019. (although the first occurrence is Sep 2018)

If you refresh (via browser refresh) the correct occurrence (sep 2019) appears.

Please Help

Best Regards
    Uwe

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo Uwe, this time from Slovakia! 🙂

I see the issue on your website. I have tried to recreate it on my test site but everything seems to work well. I created 3 organizers, each with a recurring event. When filtering for the organizer it always showed me the next upcoming event.

I tried that with both showing only the first instance of recurring events and showing all.

The next step would be if you could run a conflict test yourself on your website (possibly staging) with the plugins updated.

I understand that this can be challenging in some circumstances, but I’m afraid that without this we cannot progress further as we can’t find where the issue is.

Cheers,
    Andras

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Hi Andras,

thanks for your answer. We are now a step further in the problem identification. The issue occurs only if you hava a weekly recurring event and it takes place twice a week. let say Thursday and Friday and you do the setup in the sane weekly entry (means highlight Thursday and Friday) If it is only one day in a week all works fine.

Could pls try to test this case also in your environment. Thanks.

Best regards
    Uwe

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Uwe,

To make sure that I recreate the same event and rules could you send me a screenshot of the rules from the back-end?

Danke!

A.

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Hi Andras,

here comes the screenshot.

Best regards Uwe

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks Uwe! I tried with that and still did not manage to reproduce the issue on my end, using twentysixteen and the recent versions of our plugins.

I’m not sure why this is happening for you. You would need to do some  testing on your end to see if you find anything.

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong sequence displaying recurring events’ is closed to new replies.