Where is the Starting Location for the Filter Bar?

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Where is the Starting Location for the Filter Bar?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marian
    Participant

I’ve never used the filter bar. It is time to renew my subscription and I wanted to know if there is anyway to choose the starting location/zip? In other words, the Filter Bar selection is 5 miles, 10 miles, etc. But what is the starting zip? I ask because my geographic area is very large with 7 counties and over 100 cities. I don’t want to limit my users to just one city, when they may be with 2 minutes of 4 different cities. Thanks, M.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marian!

Thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂

The distance filter will only appear if the user has performed a Location Search. So the distance will be calculated from the location entered.

For example: If you search for events near Santa Cruz, then the distance filter will show up and you can narrow the results to one of the available distances.

Does it help? Let me know if you have other questions and I’ll be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Victor

Marian
    Participant

Hi Victor, thanks for the response. Sorry to be such a pain, but I learn (better) visually and the video example does not include a sample of how to use the distance search. (Or did I miss it?) Are you suggesting that I change the Venue name to Location, as I saw on one of the example graphics in the Filter Bar? Thanks, Marian

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Marian!

Don’t worry about it, we are always here to help! 🙂

I’ve made a screen recording showing you how the distance filter works in wpshindig.com here > https://cloudup.com/cesxmjYfEJQ

You can also go to WP Shindig and try it out for yourself.

I hope that helps and don’t hesitate to ask any other questions.

Best!
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Where is the Starting Location for the Filter Bar?’ is closed to new replies.