Where can i get default English .po file?

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Where can i get default English .po file?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    B
    Participant

There is no English .po file on language files list.

I want to translate only front-end texts of my website. The back-end section is no need to translate, i have to use it English.

Leah

Hi xopom,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you’d like an English .po file you can just open the .pot file (from the plugin’s /lang folder) and then save it as a .po called the-events-calendar_en_EN. That will automatically make a matching .mo file. You can use any language suffix you want, for example xx_XX – as long as you set the language in your wp-config.php file to match.

Please note that translating the front-end this way is not recommended. You can run into problems if the file gets overwritten in a version update. And the translation files change as we add to the plugin, so it can easily become outdated unless you regularly update it with the newest .pot file as described in the Getting Started post. You might check out a get_text function to change terminology on the front end, or a string-specific translation plugin like Say What?

Best,

Leah

B
    Participant

This reply is private.

Leah

Hi xopom,

I was created from .pot file to English .po file successfully. But i can’t find front-end texts on .po file.
    What texts on my created .po file? Is it just back-end (admin panel) texts?
    If i need to translate front-end texts, i just need to use WordPress translate plugins?

Did you make a .po file for both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO? I apologize, I should have specified that in my original post. Some of the strings are only in Events Calendar PRO, so they are only in the PRO .pot file (events-calendar-pro.pot). I think you’ll find all the strings you’re looking for in there.

I don’t want to edit and translate plugin files, when plugin is updated, all my works are gone.

If you make your changes using a template override your files won’t get overwritten. Please make sure to keep a copy of your modified .po files backed up somewhere other than in your WordPress files because they too could potentially get overwritten in an update.

Best,

Leah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Where can i get default English .po file?’ is closed to new replies.