Urgent: Events wp admin settings not showing up, can't activate my license

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Urgent: Events wp admin settings not showing up, can't activate my license

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    globalworkplace
    Participant

Hi,

As the title suggests, I can’t see the settings page to add my license. I have read previous topics that were saying “we will update to 3.6.1 and that should fix it”. Unfortunately it hasn’t, for me at least.

The previous version had a license key tab; however I could only see the text saying add your key in the space below, there was no space to add my key unfortunately. That is when I went on the forums to check what is going on, if others were experiencing the same issue. After seeing some responses from the helpful support people, I updated my plugin to 3.6.1. Now even the license key tab disappeared, and still no event settings in the wp admin tab. It is quite urgent as I need to push the calendar to live with the filter bar addon by the end of this week…

I have to note I am running on an old version of wordpress, if I update wordpress, my website will surely crash for good. We can’t afford developers yet, nor can we do any in-house development.

Vlad

Casey D

Hello globalworkplace,

Thanks for contacting us.

If the License tab is gone, it is likely because there is no premium plugin activated. Are you sure the Filter Bar plugin is installed and activated?

Also, how old is your version of WordPress? You should have some leeway but you will have issues if it is too old.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

globalworkplace
    Participant

Thank you for your reply, I have the free version The Events Calendar, I installed the filterbar plugin and it works! Thank you so much.

globalworkplace
    Participant

Is there a way to change the color of the “event category”, the gray and white text on the white background is not visible enough.

globalworkplace
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

Hello globalworkplace,

Glad the first part worked out!

The second two questions are customization questions that unfortunately goes beyond theĀ scope of the forums.

If you check out ourĀ Themer’s Guide, you could probably make a template override to display what you want. Once you set up a ‘tribe-events.css’ file in a ‘tribe-events’ folder in your active theme, you can add css to change the styling.

Any questions? Let me know if I can give you any other pointers!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

globalworkplace
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey D

Hello globalworkplace,

Hmm… you will be quite a bit limited in your options then. You might be able to use the web editor in the Appearance > Edit or Plugin > Edit section of your WP-Admin. It can be quite a bit tedious to add code there, but very doable!

Warning though! Many times playing with code can temporarily knock down a site (if the PHP can’t fully execute). This will result in a blank screen. This is not a problem when you have other access to the code, but when editing through the browser, you can easily lose the access to change broken things back, because the broken page become blank!

It is possible and relatively easy to change things in the web editor, but use extreme caution (especially if on a production site!), make sure you have a back up, and it would be a great idea to figure out how to get FTP or SSH access. Especially if you are expected to make these sorts of changes, you should get the ability to do the job well!

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello globalworkplace,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Urgent: Events wp admin settings not showing up, can't activate my license’ is closed to new replies.