Translation suggestions for Event Tickets

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Translation suggestions for Event Tickets

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Petr
    Participant

Hi,
    I have some suggestions regarding the translation that will make the translator’s life a little bit easier.

1. Differentiate RSVP wording by context.
      It’s hard to translate this acronym when sometimes it is used as a verb and sometimes as a noun. So please use the context parameter in gettext function calls. (src/Tribe/Main.php:528 vs. src/Tribe/Tickets_View.php:604)
      It’ll be also nice to differentiate the label of RSVP selector (src/views/tickets/rsvp.php:127 and src/views/tickets/orders-rsvp.php:63) since its meaning is a bit different (from my point of view this is the only case where the RSVP acronym is appropriate).
    2. Name of RSVP ticket provider is not translatable.
      This untranslatable string is used on 2 places in Tickets metabox on the Event editing screen: Section header and Sell using radio option.
    3. Improper use of digit placeholder in RSVP Importer message.
      The message is expecting a digit but Event name is provided.
      (src/Tribe/CSV_Importer/RSVP_Importer.php:221)
    4. Clarify the messages about reserved tickets by not using its linked Post Type name.
      The message “You have x RSVPs/Tickets for this $post_type” and “My RSVPs for This $post_type” are somewhat misleading for regular users and from my point of view pretty useless, since they don’t care whether the event ticket is linked to Event, Page or Post. Those tickets/RSVPs are always belonging to events.
      (src/views/tickets/orders-link.php:45 and src/views/tickets/orders-rsvp.php:29)
    5. Date format of the reservation is not translatable.
      The date of RSVP reservation cannot be localized/translated since the date format is not passed through a gettext call. Or the WP default date format should be used here.
      (src/views/tickets/orders-rsvp.php:44)
    Geoff B.

Good evening Petr and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us and for offering your suggestions on how to improve translatable strings.
    It is certainly appreciated.

All of these are excellent points. As such, I have opened a ticket for them.

I cannot commit to a specific release date at this point. But stay tuned you will be contacted as soon as these changes are implemented!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Petr,

All of your suggestions have been submitted.

But there is a question about point #5. To quote our Dev team

We already run that date through the date_i18n function, isn’t that sufficient for your  purpose?https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/date_i18n

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey Petr,

Just a heads up that we were able to get you suggestions into the latest release of Event Tickets (4.3.1.1). Thanks so much for the feedback and definitely let us know if you come across anything else now or down the line. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation suggestions for Event Tickets’ is closed to new replies.