Translation issues with some string in spanish

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Translation issues with some string in spanish

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mllibre
    Participant

Hi, i just bought Events Calendar Pro 3.6.1 and it’s fantastic! Congratulations!
    I have a wordpress site in spanish, and there is some strings of the plugin that appears correctly in spanish and others in english. <br/><br/>I try to edit tribe-events-calendar-pro-es_ES.po with PoEdit and it’s correctly translated, but in website appears in english.<br/><br/>

For example, the links of the bottom of the Photo listing, appears “next Events” and “previous events”.<br/><br/>
    Also I want to change some translations, and there are some that work but others not.<br/>

You can see the webiste here: http://apmusicales.com.mialias.net/agenda/<br/><br/&gt;

Thanks,

Leah

Hi mllibre,

Thanks for your post. I’m glad you like the plugin!

The Spanish translation is a couple versions old. Even though some strings (such as Next Events and Previous Events) are in the translation files, if the string has changed they might not work anymore.

I was able to fix the changed strings for the Next Events and Previous Events links. You can download the updated files here. Please note that any other strings that are currently showing in English will not be fixed. If you want to fix those, you could volunteer to help update the whole translation for both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO. We’d be happy to give you a free license or renewal in exchange for your work. If you’re willing to do that, you can find all the information you need in our Getting Started post.

When you say you want to change some specific translations- is that because they are incorrect, or because you need it to say something else? If it’s incorrect, you could fix that if you update the translation as mentioned above. If you want to make it say something else, it’s safest not to edit the translation files directly. Instead, you could use a gettext filter or a string-by-string translation plugin like ‘Say What?’.

Best,

Leah

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation issues with some string in spanish’ is closed to new replies.