Translation issues (TEC, ECP, Community, Facebook)

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Translation issues (TEC, ECP, Community, Facebook)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Petr
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’m just reporting some issues and bugs I have found in the source code that are translation related. A few of them are pretty old but I’m bringing them up once again 😉

TEC 3.5.1
    ———
    [admin-views/tribe-options-help.php:84]
    ‘If you’re looking for help…’ is not translatable.

[lib/tribe-date-utils.class.php:257]
    Method ‘numberToOrdinal’ doesn’t handle non-English ordinal numbers and so the method ‘recurrenceToText’ with custom recurrence type is mixing locale conventions (e.g. ‘3rd’, ‘5th’ etc. but many countries use ‘3. ‘, ‘5. ‘ notation)
    Maybe a new filter hook in ‘numberToOrdinal’ function call would be a solution.

[lib\pue\admin-views\license-key.view.php]
    [lib\pue\lib\pue_plugin_update_engine.class.php]
    ‘tribe-plugin-update-engine’ gettext domain is not loaded on plugin init, so all PUE strings are not translated.

[lib\pue\lib\pue_plugin_update_engine.class.php:414]
    ‘Hmmm… something…’ has wrong domain name. Should be ‘tribe-plugin-update-engine’.

ECP 3.5.2
    ———
    [public/template-tags/general.php:823]
    ‘Recurring Event’ has wrong domain name.

[public/template-tags/general.php:826]
    ‘(See all)’ has wrong domain name.

[admin-views/event-recurrence.php:96]
    Shortened month names should be called with a gettext context (‘_ex’ function), otherwise the shortened name of month ‘May’ is conflicting with the full name ‘May’.
    As they are same in English, they can’t be translated separately to other languages. Even though this is a matter of ‘May’ month only.

Facebook Events 3.5
    ——————-
    [the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php:178]
    3 strings in ’empty_app_notices()’ function don’t have a domain name specified in a gettext call.

[the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php:151]
    ‘As of version 1.0.6, you need…’ doesn’t have a domain name.

[admin-views/settings-tab.php:32]
    ‘Account Settings’ has wrong domain name.

[admin-views/settings-tab.php:64]
    ‘Import Settings’ has wrong domain name.

[admin-views/settings-tab.php:75]
    ‘Enable Google Maps on imported events’ has wrong domain name.

[the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php:1143]
    ‘Facebook’ has wrong domain name.

[the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php:1134]
    ‘Import’ has wrong domain name.

[the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php:1152]
    ‘Facebook Events’ has wrong domain name.

Community Events 3.5
    ——————–
    Wrong domain names (although most of them are technically working since they’re same as in TEC or ECP):
    [views/community/modules/cost.php:28] ‘Event Cost’
    [views/community/modules/cost.php:34] ‘Currency Symbol:’
    [views/community/modules/cost.php:44] ‘Cost:’
    [views/community/modules/cost.php:51] ‘Leave blank to hide the field. Enter a 0 for events that are free.’
    [views/community/modules/venue.php:114] ‘State or Province’
    [views/community/modules/website.php:30] ‘Event Website’
    [views/community/modules/recurrence.php:81-86] ‘None’, ‘day’, ‘days’, ‘Every Day’, …. ‘event’, ‘events’, ‘Custom’

[views/community/event-list.php:105]
    [lib/tribe-community-events.class.php:1631]
    ‘Edit’ is not translatable.

Thanks for fixing them up.
    Cheers,

Petr

Leah

Hey Petr,

Thanks for posting these. I’ll bring them up with our developer in charge of translations and be back in touch with you.

Best,

Leah

Leah

Thanks again for reporting this Petr. We are currently working on it and I’ll be sure to update here as we progress.

~Leah

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to update you here. We were not able to fix this issue in time for our upcoming release (3.6). However, it is still very much a priority and we hope to have it corrected in the next maintenance release. We will keep you posted on our progress. Thank you for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and update you on the status of this issue. We are working on the upcoming 3.7 release and are happy to say that a fix for this issue will be included. Please keep an eye on your Updates and Plugins pages for an update prompt. If you have any trouble or continue to see this issue after updating, please start a new thread and we can assist you from there. Thank you for your patience while we worked on this issue.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation issues (TEC, ECP, Community, Facebook)’ is closed to new replies.