Translation issue | hide event category

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Translation issue | hide event category

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Felix

Hi,

my German events calendar Pro list widget shows “Es gibt derzeit keine bevorstehenden veranstaltungen.” (there are no upcoming events at this time). Veranstaltungen needs a capital V. In the po file its %s. Any suggestions?

On the event page “venue name” and “address” are not being translated to German although there are translations in the po file.

Other question:

How can I hide the event category on the event page? I need the category to filter my events but i do not want the category to show.

Here is a screenshot: http://imgur.com/DLwlzAP

Thx!

Felix

Geoff B.

Good evening Felix and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with these questions.

my German events calendar Pro list widget shows “Es gibt derzeit keine bevorstehenden veranstaltungen.” (there are no upcoming events at this time). Veranstaltungen needs a capital V. In the po file its %s. Any suggestions?

There are a couple of ways you could go about this:

1. Override the string completely in a customized po/mo file . In other words replace the %s by the full capitalized word. This will give you a fuzzy warning, but you can accept the translation regardless. Furthermore, if you are using 4.2, you will be able to store those language files in /wp-content/languages to prevent them from being overwritten by updates
    2. Use the following snippet to replace the string: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-the-wording-of-any-bit-of-text-or-string/

On the event page “venue name” and “address” are not being translated to German although there are translations in the po file.

I suspect this is because your po/mo files might need to be updated (as is most likely the case after each plugin version update) to include changes in translation strings. You can update from:

• The plugin’s files as a source
    • An updated version of the pot file

By the way, the latest versions of our language files are not always packaged with the plugin. But, you can find them here: http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects

If that doesn’t work for you, would you mind sending me a copy of your language files ?

How can I hide the event category on the event page? I need the category to filter my events but i do not want the category to show.

The best way to do that is by doing a customized version of the single event view, more specifically the meta part.
    You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Let me know if you need help getting started with that.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation issue | hide event category’ is closed to new replies.