Three strings that don't want to get translated
I’ve got a problem with translation – 99% of translated strings works great, but there are exactly 3 strings which won’t:
– “for” [range of dates] in tribe-events-page-title (months view)
– “export events” button in List view
– back to “All” [events] button in single event view
I have translated them exactly the same way like the others but that didn’t work out
I hope that You will be able to help me with that case.
- This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by studiomorion.
Good evening Andrew and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!
Thank you for reaching out to us.
I would love to help you with this topic.
When translation file strings are not kicking in, it is usually caused by one of the following things:
- Your translation files are not up to date
- You are using some customized translation files that have been placed in the /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder. These might not be updated and will override any other file.
- The strings are translated, but are considered “fuzzy”
In the first 2 cases, the solution is to update your translation files using the pot file. You can do this by using the Poedit software and heading to Catalog > Update from pot file.
In the last case, you will need to make them “unfuzzy” using Poedit.
Let me know if that helps.
Have a great day!
Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.
Thanks so much!
The Events Calendar Support Team