Three sites, shared venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Three sites, shared venues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    corre
    Participant

Hello. I have the following situation:

Three sites under a multisite installation. Each site represents a different music genre and displays a calendar with activities relevant to that genre.
    Sometimes, the same event is relevant to more than one genre and therefore should be displayed on more than one calendar (site). Venues, as well, are relevant to more than one genre and should be represented in more than one calendar (site).

What is the best approach to achieve this without duplicated content (auto creating redundant venue event posts through code)?

P.S: I don’t have the Filter Bar add-on and so I don’t know if that’s what I need.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi corre,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can try to help you out here, but unfortunately, you are asking for something that is beyond the features we have. The Events Calendar on each multisite is a separate calendar and we do have any way to share events, venues, or organizers. So in answering your question:

What is the best approach to achieve this without duplicated content (auto creating redundant venue event posts through code)?

If you do not want to duplicate content I am afraid we do not have an option for you in our plugin and the filter bar would not give you this feature either.

If you would like to request a shared calendar on multistie as a feature please head to our UserVoice Page and add your own or upvote that feature as they will increase the chances of it being added to a future version.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Three sites, shared venues’ is closed to new replies.