The filter bar does not show up on my calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar The filter bar does not show up on my calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Samantha Winslow
    Participant

I installed the events calendar Pro and purchased the filter add -on. The filter bar does not show up on the calendar page. Not sure what settings I have incorrect.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Samantha and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

What is going on is that filter bar is not yet compatible with full view shortcodes.
    We are working on a solution for that. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be contacted when the fix is released.

In the meantime, you can see that the filters work great on the normal page: http://www.thebarrelracingline.com/events/

For that reason, unless you have a special reason to use the full page shortcode, I would recommend using the default URL (or changing it to “calendar”) instead of the shortcode.

You can even add HTML before and after the calendar since you are also a the Events Calendar Pro user.

In other words, I am pretty sure we can get this to work for you. I would just need to know what requirements you were trying to meet by switching over to a shortcode ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Samantha Winslow
    Participant

How do I change the default URL? I didn’t intentionally change it, I just
    was following directions on how to get it show up on a page.

What is the easiest way to sort this out.

Geoff B.

Good evening Samantha,

The default URL can be changed to “calendar” by going to Events -> Settings -> General.
    Look for “Events URL slug”.

Once that is done, make sure you have no “real page” with the “calendar” slug (like you currently do). This is because even though the calendar is not a “real page” it needs exclusivity on the slug.

After that is done, simply follow these instructions: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-a-calendar-link-to-your-site-menu/

To summarize:

1. For now the only way to get the filter bar is by not using a shortcode, but rather the default view slug set under Events -> Settings -> General
    2. We will add filter bar to the full view shortcode as soon as we can and let you know about it once we do.
    3. If you want to add a bit of content before or after the calendar (like you did on your page using a shortcode), use the Advanced Template Settings section under Events -> Settings -> Display (at the bottom of that page).

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘The filter bar does not show up on my calendar’ is closed to new replies.