The filter bar closes after each selected element

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar The filter bar closes after each selected element

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Muriel
    Participant

Hi there,
    i’m using the Filter Bar and it’s great but with mobile using for me there is an issue.
    When i click on “showing filters” all filter are showing, but i cant’s select more than one filter, cause the filter bar is closing after each click on a dategory, a city or an age

Is there any possibility to change that? It is very userfriendly, when he has to open the filter again after ech selection. On desktop in works correct an i can selcet all filters at once.

Kind regards
    Conny

Andras
    Keymaster

Grüezi Muriel,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums! I’m sorry you are having an issue with the filter bar.

Can you confirm that this odd behavior is also happening when you deactivate all non-calendar plugins and you switch to a default theme like twentysixteen ?

Also, could you share with me a link to a page where this is happening? It would help me if I could take a look at it.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Muriel
    Participant

Hi there, sorry for answering late, but i didn’t get a notice, that you were answering.
    Yes it ist too, when i deactivate all plugins accept the event calendar.

http://kinderagenda.ch/veranstaltungskalender/uebersicht

Muriel
    Participant

Hi András, oh and i’m sorry, there was another issue coming up.
    I have created an additional field, which is provided with checkboxes. But this field is not displayed in the filter bar. When I use it with radio buttons, it is displayed. I need the checkboxes, because the organizers have to select more than one field. Why is not the displayed in the filter bar then? Is there a solution?
    Kind regards
    Conny

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Conny,

Regarding the first issue about the filter bar closing after each selection on mobile, that is how the filter bar works. Once a filter is checked it immediately reloads the page with the selected filters. You can then open the filter bar again and select additional filtering conditions. I checked your site on my mobile and it worked properly like that. If you check our demo site, this is how that works as well.

As for your second issue with the checkboxes, could you please send me some screenshots of how that is set up, so I can take a look at it?

Thanks,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

That extra field, after setting it up under Events > Settings > Additional fields tab did you also add it to your filters under Events > Settings > Filters tab?

A.

Andras
    Keymaster

One more thing, does any of the events have that setting set? If no events yet use that new checkbox thing, then it will not show up in the filter bar, as there is nothing to filter with that yet. 🙂

A.

Muriel
    Participant

This is the problem: the extra field is not checked with the available filters, if it has checkboxes. So I can not activate it. If it has radio buttons, then that works. But I need checkboxes
    Yes and surely i set an event wich uses the checkboxes.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Muriel,

Could you please send me the following screenshots, so I can take a closer look into this:

• How the additional field is set up (Events > Settings > Additional fields tab)
    • How the event is set up, which has this additional field, (including date/time)
    • How the filters are set up (Events > Settings > Filters tab)

I’ll be waiting.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Muriel
    Participant

HI there,
    issue is resolved. The problem was that updating the additional fields did not work. I mmade a new installation of
    all event calendar plugins and now it works. Dont’ t know what went wrong with updating, but it’s no longer important. Thanks for trying to help 🙂
    Kind regards
    Conny

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Conny,

I’m super stoked to hear you managed to solve it! Congrats!

I have no clue what could have gone wrong at the update, but happy to hear the reinstall solved it.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic in the forum and we will help you out.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘The filter bar closes after each selected element’ is closed to new replies.