Swedish translation Calendar + Calendar PRO

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Swedish translation Calendar + Calendar PRO

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pantomimteatern
    Participant

Hi!
    The Swedish translation isnt up-to-date with the latest version, some words are still in english. I’m ready to fix this and update them myself. However, when I follow your guide and download the .po-files for Calendar + Calendar PRO and check the translations, it doesn’t seem to be the latest version of the translation file. Although the zip are named 3.5. Many of the words are completely wrong in this file – but correct in my installed version of your plugin. Is my suspicion correct? Is there old files for Swedish in the zip-files? Don’t want to start translating an old copy. I also updated from .pot-file as you described.

Best regards
    Jonas

Leah

Hi Jonas,

Thank you so much for volunteering to work on the Swedish translation for us! I don’t completely understand the problem you’re describing above. We do have an old version of the Swedish translation files, which is included in that .zip file you mentioned. The translation from 3.0 even though the folder says 3.5. Since it’s from 3.0, it’s missing a lot of pieces.

The most important thing to do when updating an old translation file is to update the strings in the file with the latest .pot file. Then you can translate all the new and changed strings. I went ahead and did this for you so you can get started. You can download the .pot file for The Events Calendar here and the .pot file for Events Calendar PRO here. You can open those up in PoEdit and see all the strings that need fixing. Once you’ve done the translating and saved them, you can upload the .po and .mo files for each plugin here for me to check.

If you have any trouble, please let me know. Thanks again for your help!

Best,

Leah

pantomimteatern
    Participant

Hi Leah!
    Thank you for helping me out, after your answer I realised that I had those updated files already. I have now translated them, hopefully to your satisfaction. You can download them here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sczrlckdg1firp3/oAmQY-TEMI
    Im new at this, but want to tell you that I have not done anything with the .mo-files. Guessing I shouldn’t /can’t do that either?

When do you think a new update with this (if there’s nothing wrong with the translation of course) will be posted? OR can I update my own plugin (aiming to go live with the site this weekend). Furthermore, since doing a lot of corrections does this generate a free licenskey for the effort?

All the best,
    Jonas

Leah

Hi Jonas,

Thanks so much for submitting these! They look great, and I’ve added them to the next release of the plugin. I recommend that you add the files to your own plugin now, since the next version definitely won’t be out before this weekend- we do a maintenance release every month.

I’ll email you shortly with a coupon so you can get a free license for Events Calendar PRO. Thank you so much for your help!

Best,

Leah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Swedish translation Calendar + Calendar PRO’ is closed to new replies.