Stop Children from Opening when Parent is selected in Filter Bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Stop Children from Opening when Parent is selected in Filter Bar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kshykula
    Participant

Hello,

Please see attached image.

We have three parent categories in my filter bar. Each has child items below it.

We would like visitors to come to our calendar page and see the filter bar open, with the child items closed and only the three parents visible.

I would like them to click the checkbox for either:

• Elementary
  • Mid High or
  • Dual Campus Information
  • (or any combination of the three)

However, I do not want the child items list to expand below the parent when the parent checkbox is selected; I would only like the parent items to remain visible.

I DO still want visitors to be able to click on the tribe-toggle-child (arrow) to expand the children if they wish though – in the event they want to customize their filter even more.

I’ve been searching around using Chrome/Inspect, however I just can’t seem to make this work as I am hoping for.

Is there a straight-forward way to accomplish this?

Many Thanks,

Kat

Sky
Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help with your question.

This behavior is controlled with Javascript, and there isn’t really an easy way to change that. It fills in the child category automatically when there is only one.

I would recommend using the “dropdown” option for categories in Events > Settings > Filters. While it does show the child categories up front, it does not automatically select a child category when choosing the parent.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
Sky

Support Droid
Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Stop Children from Opening when Parent is selected in Filter Bar’ is closed to new replies.