Some words on single event page template not translating with WPML

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Some words on single event page template not translating with WPML

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tony

Hello,

I am trying to translate every word on the single event page to arabic, I am using WPML string translation to do this. The only 2 things that aren’t translating even when changed are the word “All” in “All Events” and “Event Category” (screenshot). Are these not translatable?

Thanks,
    Tony

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Tony and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the missing translations with WPML.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

There could be a couple of things going on:

1. Your translatable strings might need to be updated / refresh via the theme and plugin localization interface
    2. There might be some template overrides in your theme’s folder (under /tribe-events/) that are preventing the translation from kicking in.

I would suggest:

1. Updating the translatable strings and looking for the “all”  and “event category” strings in the “the-events-calendar” domain
    2. If you have such a folder, could you temporarily rename it to something like “/z_tribe-events/” ?

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Tony

Hello Geoff,

I have tried updating the strings for the events calendar and I don’t have any theme overrides created. I was able to find and fix the “All Events” line by looking for “All %s” (which i found by looking in the single-event.php) in the string search. When I search for Event Category I only get one result and when I click view in source it points to this file /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Importer/Column_Mapper.php. I also can’t seem to find the file which actually creates the text for “Event Category” like how i found the “All %s” above.

It is looking like this particular string is not translatable or at least not without some modification. Could you point me in the right direction on how to fix this string?

Thanks,
    Tony

Geoff B.

Good evening Tony,

Congratulations on finding the string “All %s”.

As you can see, sometimes a %s is used as a variable for another predefined term.
    I think that the full string you are looking for is “%s Category”.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Tony

Hello Geoff,

The “%s Category” search query is exactly what i was looking for. That fixed the issue. I could have swore I tried that before but I guess not 🙂

Thanks for all of the help,
    Tony

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Tony,

I’m stoked that we managed to iron out everything for you.

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Some words on single event page template not translating with WPML’ is closed to new replies.