Some translation errors in new global stock options update

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Some translation errors in new global stock options update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dirk
    Participant

Hi guys,

We didn’t want to wait until the translation was done and verified on the translate.wordpress.com so we downloaded all the .po and .mo files from the updated plugins (new 4.1 plugins) and completely filled in all of them and put them back. For many strings it worked, but unfortunatly not for everything as you can see in the following screenshot:

http://i1.wp.com/concert4you.nl/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Woocommerce-Events-Tickets.jpg

Is there anything we can do about it?

Cheers,
    Dirk

btw: kudo’s on the global stock option, it was an absolute must! šŸ™‚

Geoff B.

Good evening DirkĀ and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us and for the kind words.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

To make a long story short, what is happening is that the po/mo and the pot files packaged with our plugins are not always 100% up to date.

It would advise the following:

1. Download the complete plugin folder for both Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus
    2. Open the .pot file in Poedit from your downloaded folder
    3. Using the Catalog menu, click on “Update from sources”. You should see the missing strings added.
    4. Save the .pot file
    5. Open your .po file
    6. Using the Catalog menu, click on “Update from pot”. You should see the missing strings added.
    7. You can now translate the missing strings

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Dirk
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for comming back to me so quickly. I think I sorted it out although some of the steps from your post didn’t work for me.

1. Download the complete plugin folder for both Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus (done)
    2. Open the .pot file in Poedit from your downloaded folder (done)
    3. Using the Catalog menu, click on ā€œUpdate from sourcesā€. You should see the missing strings added.(Couldn’t do that, was greyed out in the menu…)
    4. NA
    5. I opened the .po files and then did the update from .pot, using the .pot file from the recent download. It seemed to add the missings strings and I could translate them. So I’m a little confused what the first couple steps are for and if i’m still missing something, haha

Most of the strings are translated now, so thanks.

Cheers,

Geoff B.

Hey Dirk,

Sorry for the confusion. This was not my intention.

Updating the .pot file from sources might require you to go to Catalog -> Properties -> Source Paths first (otherwise, the option might indeed be greyed out).

Once there, add a path to include the complete downloaded plugin folder.

Is there anything else I can help you with on this topic ?

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Some translation errors in new global stock options update’ is closed to new replies.