Small issue in the spanish translation with word "Upcoming"

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Small issue in the spanish translation with word "Upcoming"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jose

Spanish translations is done very well but I keep on finding a problem with the word “Upcoming” …such word will not follow translation rules and remain written in English at the time of using the main widget, see our test site: web.asonog.hn

Any guide on how to fix this issue will be greatly appreciated,
    All the very best,
    J.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jose,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Looking at your site I’m seeing the “upcoming” translated into spanish. However, it does look like there may be a few strings which include the word “Upcoming” which are still awaiting translations. If you would like, check out our http://translations.theeventscalendar.com site where you can provide translations for any available strings as well as download an updated file.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hey Josh,
    I had the same problem, but with the translation file I could solve the problem.
    For “community events” I have the translation completely finished in German. I like to send you the file.

Best regards
    HG

Henk

Well that’s strange.

There are several problems in the Dutch translation.

When I look in the po-file all translations are OK, but in the website the translation in several places is “half” done.

Like “Upcoming Evenementen” or “Previous Evenementen” or “Evenement Category”

It looks like all the words that are translated separately and after that put together as a combination of words gone wrong.

Any idea what is going on?

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hey,
    I did it just like Josh had described it (download the file from http://translations.theeventscalendar.com site), then uploaded the file and everything was ok.

best regards
    HG

Studio Reclame
    Participant

Hi, in italian we have the same problem with the translation in the Map, Photos and Week View:
    “<span>«</span> Previous %s”
    also the h2 title in some page/view doesn’t translate correctly.
    Can you give us the login to update the Italian Translation (http://translations.theeventscalendar.com)?
    Thank you.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Recreative,

You should be able to create an account on http://translations.theeventscalendar.com and update your translations directly there. They will be submitted for a review and approval by our team before they are committed to the final, available translations.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Henk

OK,

did the upload, and then the translation is fine again.

This is a nice workaround, but it means somehow the translation file is corrupt, and an update should fix this?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Henk,

Awesome! I’m glad you were able to get it loaded on your site.

I don’t believe there is a corrupted file, however the file may be outdated. This shouldn’t be the case with the next update to the plugin.

Thanks!

Henk

Hi Josh,

thanks for the reply.

After updating to 3.10.1 my problems, the same translation problems are back again.

Updating the files from the translation website fixed the translation once again.

Noticed that the downloaded po and mo files are slightly smaller than the ones installed with the plugin…

Can I help to troubleshoot the problem?

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi Josh,
    we also had the same problem as Henk and have the problem just solved.
    This is in fact not a nice solution;-)

Alexander
    Participant

I have the same problem as Henk with the dutch translation. And i don’t know where i can upload the translation. Could you help me Josh?

Thanks.

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi Alexander,
    Josh, 29.6.: “You should be able to create an account on http://translations.theeventscalendar.com and update your translations directly there.”

That should help

Best regards
    hg

Alexander

I looked at the site and i made an accound under the name of Duomaxwell. I see that the translation is fine, but it doesn’t show on my page. The plugin doesn’t translate the words like upcoming Evenement and priviou in Dutch.
    Another example is “Evenementen For juli” this has to be “Evenementen voor juli”. Another one is “privious evenementen” has to be vorige evenementen. I look at the translations but everything is fine, but not one my site.

Am i doing something wrong or something?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Alexander,

I did some digging into our system and it looks like we may need to make some adjustments. All translations that are submitted need to be approved by our team before they become part of the .po file that is able to be downloaded from the site.

Currently, it looks like users are able to see these submitted translations that have yet to be approved. With this you may be seeing the translation on our site but that translation may not yet be available within the current translation file.

We’re working on getting this cleared up and apologize for any confusion.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Small issue in the spanish translation with word "Upcoming"’ is closed to new replies.