[ticketed] Show/Hide Advanced Filters

Home Forums September 2013 Filters Bar Beta [ticketed] Show/Hide Advanced Filters

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    adam tracksler

The Toggle logic seems backwards… Also seems like there should be a toggle to have the filters on by default.

Here is a video showing…

http://www.viddler.com/v/18156553

Leah

Hi Adam,

Thanks for reporting the backwards logic, and for the screencast. We’ve had a couple reports of this now, but I haven’t been able to recreate it. Did this happen when you first installed and activated the plugin? Did it fix itself after use? Any other detail would be great so I can recreate it.

I definitely get your point about the filters open on default. We closed them to deal with a different issue, but since we’ve already had multiple people want them open we will look into that further.

~Leah

Thomas Dexter

I am not experiencing this issue however, I have a user that is.

Strangely, on my computer the filters ARE showing by default (/events/ page with no querystring) hence the “hide advanced filters” is the proper message on his they aren’t showing by default so the label is backwards.

I’m not sure what the difference is thats causing mine to show by default – will investigate.

Leah

Thanks Thomas! I’m eager to hear what you find.

sdbg
    Participant

I’m seeing something strange here as well. For some reason I only see it when I’m using a browser where I’ve never clicked to show the filters.

On first visit the filters don’t show, but the link says “Hide Filters”

If I inspect the page I get:
    body tag has:
    – class tribe-filters-closed
    toggle link has:
    – data-state=”Show Advanced Filters”
    – text: Hide Filters

I see a lot of toggle related code in /plugins/events-filters/resources/filter-scripts.js that is wrapped in a check of “if (tribe_storage)”, and then accessing the “tribe_events_filter_wrapper” property in tribe_storage. In the browser where I’m seeing the issue tribe_events_filter_wrapper is undefined in tribe_storage:
    [20:02:41.736] tribe_storage.getItem(‘tribe_events_filters_wrapper’);
    [20:02:41.738] null

When I click “Hide Filters” they show and the link toggles to “Show Advanced Filters”. I can continue toggling and get the wrong state each time, as long as the page doesn’t reload. Once I reload the page everything works fine.

Here’s where I’m seeing it:
    http://www.sandiegobrewersguild.org/events/upcoming/?tribe_tags%5B%5D=63

Leah

Thanks for the link Jeff. I hadn’t been able to see this myself yet, and your site is a perfect example of the problem. I took a screencast to help our devs.

~Leah

Leah

It turns out that I couldn’t recreate this on a local install, but I did on a live one. I’ll be ticketing this ASAP.

~Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘[ticketed] Show/Hide Advanced Filters’ is closed to new replies.