Setting Default Filters

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Setting Default Filters

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Charles Crolley
    Participant

I’d like to able to set default filters on my calendar’s initial display. We have an organization that does its own events, and most of our members will only be interested in those, so we don’t want to show partner events and related events unless those are selected in the filter bar.

Right now, the initial display is “everything.” If I can’t set a filtered default view (as in, an initial value setting for the category selection), then I’m scrapping filterbar AND the aggregator and getting a refund, because they’re useless to me: having events show up in our main calendar and having to turn them off every time we only want to see what’s going on in our own chapter would drive my membership (a lot of old guys like me) even crazier than we are.

And it’s idiotic that a ~$100 add-on to Events Calendar Pro doesn’t work with shortcodes, but that thread’s closed. Just wanted to kick in my $.02.

Thanks in advance.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Charles!

Nice to see you again. Let me help you with that.

Unfortunately, there is no built in option to achieve that. Setting a category to be applied to the filter bar by default would require some custom coding.

A workaround for this would be to create a link from somewhere in your site (perhaps a menu item) and use a custom URL like this > yoursite.com/events/month/?tribe_eventcategory=2 where the ‘2’ would be the category ID.

In addition, you can apply the same principle with any other filter. You can choose a specific set of filters and then copy the URL for them and use it as a custom link on your site. Does it help with what you are trying to accomplish?

Regarding the Filter Bar not working when using the PRO shortcodes, this is something we are planning on bringing as a feature in one of our next feature releases. I will link this thread to the report so we can let you know when this is released.

We can’t commit to a date for when this will be available but you can always get in touch with us and we’ll let you know if we have an update about it.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I’d be happy to help as much possible.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Setting Default Filters’ is closed to new replies.