Search field searching only on event title

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Search field searching only on event title

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Josh.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JOSE
    Participant

Hello Tribe,

My client is asking to have search results in the filter bar plugin to return results not only from the event title but also from its text content, categories, keywords and custom fields.

Could you clarify for me what is returned by the Search field in the Filter bar?
    Also how to add these capacities if, as i experience it, the search field returns only keywords found in the title of the events.

Thanks for that.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jose,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

The search field at the top of the calendar is actually part of the core plugin. When searching there, results should pull based on the event title as well as the content. By default, you aren’t able to include the custom fields, keywords, categories or any other meta information based on that search field.

The Filter Bar is used to further “filter” that information by the event category, venue, organizer, etc. So it is similar to “search” but rather than inputting the text, you narrow in based on the items selected.

If you would like a search field that does dig further into the different information, check out the SearchWP plugin to see if it functions the way you’re wanting.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

JOSE
    Participant

Hello Josh, thanks for your answer.

Where can i ask for custom fields support in Events calendar pro / Filter bar?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Jose,

Thanks for following up and happy to help!

You can request this functionality on our UserVoice page. I’ll go ahead and close this thread. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Search field searching only on event title’ is closed to new replies.