Search Bar/Filters Bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Search Bar/Filters Bar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tran
    Participant

Where can I access the code for the search bar for the events calendar? The one that has: Events In (Date) | Search (Search) and Near(Location). I’d like to change some of the placeholder text, and also for the Near specifically, Id like to add an autocomplete jquery list to the text input.. in which folder and which file can i make these modifications?
    script for autocomplete (near, location input)
    <script>
    $(function() {
    var availableTags = [
    “ActionScript”,
    “AppleScript”,
    “Asp”,
    “BASIC”,
    “C”,
    “C++”,
    “Clojure”,
    “COBOL”,
    “ColdFusion”,
    “Erlang”,
    “Fortran”,
    “Groovy”,
    “Haskell”,
    “Java”,
    “JavaScript”,
    “Lisp”,
    “Perl”,
    “PHP”,
    “Python”,
    “Ruby”,
    “Scala”,
    “Scheme”
    ];
    $( “#whatevertagthenearlocationsinputhas” ).autocomplete({
    source: availableTags
    });
    });
    </script>

thanks

Casey
    Participant

Tran,
    Thanks for getting in touch! The code for the Search bar (or ‘Tribe’ bar as we often call it), is located in ‘plugins/the-events-calendar/views/modules/bar.php.’

If you’re looking to add some custom javascript, you should be able to just put that in a separate js file and add it to your theme’s header.php file using a SCRIPT tag.

Does that help to answer your question? Just let me know if you need further help here. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Bar/Filters Bar’ is closed to new replies.