Resetting filters bug

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Resetting filters bug

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dirk
    Participant

Hi guys,

Since we’ve been having so much fun with your plugins we decided to purchase the filter bar aswell.

However: When we, after filtering on some thing, try to reset it to show everything (clicking ‘reset filters’) the calendar shows up completely empty. Only after a full refresh of the site everything is shown again.

Is this a bug or something we can fix?

Thanks in advance!

extra: Would love to be able to filter on something we put in the additional fields on our events calendar PRO!

Geoff

Hi there, Dirk! Welcome back to the forums–nice to see you again and we’re stoked you’ve been loving the plugins so far. 🙂

I see what you mean. I went to your site, selected a category from the Filter Bar and the filters worked correctly. Then, I clicked the “Reset Filters” link. That properly reset the filters, but then wiped out all the events below it. Definitely not how things are supposed to work. In fact, I tried the same thing out on my own local installation and events were still displayed after resetting the filters.

That makes me wonder if there is a conflict at play with the theme or another plugin, so let’s see if the issue is isolated to one of those.

Could you try temporarily activating the default Twenty Thirteen theme, to see if the issue happens there as well? If disabling the theme fixes it, that’s good news! It means we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict.

If the issue is still there when using the default Twenty Thirteen theme, then we can try testing for conflicts with other installed plugins. Using the Twenty Thirteen, please try deactivating all of your plugins, except for the ones from Modern Tribe. Does that solve the problem? If so, reactivate the plugins one at a time until the issue pops back up, then tell me which one was causing the issue.

These steps are also outlined here if you want some more details on how to test for conflicts.

Give those steps a shot and let me know what you find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hey there, Dirk! Thanks for following up. And thanks for the additional information too–I really appreciate it. 🙂

When the Filter Bar is reset, it simply redirects to back to the last view it was on and the URL should match that view. However, when I reset the filters on your site, several other variables are included in the URL and the triggers an empty list of events:

http://concert4you.nl/concertagenda/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=list&tribe_venues%5B%5D=1502&tribe_organizers%5B%5D=2584

Let’s try to dig a little deeper.

First, have you made any customizations to any of the Modern Tribe plugins, or any customizations to your own code that touch the functionality of the plugins? If so, I would like to test for conflicts again with those removed as well.

Secondly, do any of the plugins you listed change the redirect rules of your site? For example, how about the Redirection plugin? Have you or that plugin made any changes to your site’s .htaccess file that would impact redirection? If so, let’s test for conflicts again with those removed.

If neither of these is the case, then I’ll want to try a deeper form of testing using a fresh WordPress installation in a separate directory. But let me know what you find first before we go this route.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi there, Dirk. Thanks for sticking with me so far and for the additional info–I really appreciate it!

This is truly perplexing. You’ve activated a default WordPress theme, deactivated all other plugins that you could, reset .htacess and the issue is still happening. I’ve been unable to recreate the issue in my own setup. Very strange!

Since the issue is still present on your end and I’m unable to recreate it on my end, I’d to try two more steps:

1) Reinstall all Modern Tribe Plugins

This is more due diligence than anything else. I wonder if one of the plugins you downloaded was somehow corrupted or was unintentionally modified in some way that we’re just not seeing. Go ahead and download the most recent versions of the plugins here on this site under Account Central > Downloads (you can get the core plugin here) , then reinstall them. Of course, back up your original files and database as you would with any other updates.

Does that clear the issue? Or is it still there?

2) Set up a test site with a fresh install

Setting up a fresh test site in a new directory will allow us to start with a clean slate. Basically, what we’ll do is start with a fresh WordPress installation on a default WordPress theme, then try to pinpoint exactly where the issue is introduced to see if it’s a bug with the plugin or a conflict with something else.

• Please install a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory (if you have a cPanel-type hosting account there will probably be a one-click install to make this easy)
    • Don’t install anything except the fresh versions of The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar PRO, Filter Bar and Community Events (we’ll leave WooTickets out for now since it requires WooCommerce)
    • Please also stick to a default theme, like Twenty Thirteen–there’s no need to install anything else just yet!
    • Create a few events so we have some test data

Do you see the issue now on the test site? It would be awesome if you could stop and let us know so we can take a look while the site is still running under these default conditions.

Please give these steps a shot and let me know what you find. Thanks again for working with me–I really hope this gets us closer to figuring this thing out!

Cheers!
    Geoff

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi Dirk! Awesome work on this–you’re doing an excellent job and I really appreciate you hanging in here with me. 🙂

It looks like we’re not dealing with a bug since the issue goes away in a default state. It’s actually really good news that we have a clean slate where we can see the Filter Bar working. In fact, the next thing we should do is recreate your existing site on the test site–one piece at a time–to see where the conflict is.

First, try installing and activating your existing site’s theme to the test site. Does the issue come up? If so, stop there and let me know so I can take a look.

Secondly, install and activate each plugin from the existing site to the test, but do it one at a time and test the Filter Bar each time. Does the issue come up and, if so, which plugin was it related to?

My hunch is that this will isolate where the conflict is. And once you know where the conflict is, it will be much easier to figure out how to deal with it.

Keep me posted on what you find. Thanks so much for your cooperation with this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

No worries! I’ll leave this open for a while to give us a chance to see how the testing pans out.

Happy holidays! Hope you have a great break if we don’t connect before then. 🙂

Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Dirk! It’s been a couple weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. I kept it open for a while, so hopefully you had a chance to test things out, but please feel free to start a new thread if there’s anything we can do to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Resetting filters bug’ is closed to new replies.