Remove date field from top of events page

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Remove date field from top of events page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Molly
    Participant

I’d like to remove the bar along the top of my events page that has a date field. Ideally, I’d like “Upcoming Events” to be at the top. How do I do this?

Courtney

Hi Molly

Can you add the following code to your child theme, or in Appearance ยป Customize ยป Additional CSS?

#tribe-events-bar .tribe-bar-filters {display: none !important;}

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Molly
    Participant

Yes, the bar is removed! Thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚ Now I’d like to remove the checkbox that says: “Show only the first upcoming instance of recurring events”, plus move “Upcoming Events” closer to the top of the page. Thank you for your help!

Courtney

Hi Molly

The spacing around the title is set by your theme. You can override that though. Can you add the following code to your child theme, or in Appearance ยป Customize ยป Additional CSS?

.fusion-events-before-title {margin-top: -55px !important; margin-bottom: 20px !important}

Do check that this only impacts your Events page, and not elsewhere on the site. I believe it should work.

Were you able to disable the recurring events checkbox yourself? I’m not seeing it at the moment.

Thanks,
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Molly
    Participant

Hi – thanks so much for your help. I’m sorry to disappear – I was having wordpress problems. I was able to disable the recurring events checkbox myself. The code you gave me doesn’t seem to be affecting the space above the title. I’m also wondering if it’s possible to remove the descriptions from the calendar page. Thank you!

Courtney

Hi Molly

This might work instead:

h2.tribe-events-page-title {margin-top: -55px !important; margin-bottom: 20px !important}

The Avada theme has a unique way to interact with our plugin. As such, they have their own method of deactivating the excerpt (descriptions) on the /events page. They have provided https://theme-fusion.com/avada-doc/special-features/how-to-use-the-events-calendar-with-avada/ as a resource to modify some of the theme settings. I’d check there or ask their support for further help disabling the excerpts.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove date field from top of events page’ is closed to new replies.