Qtranslate x is not able to read po/mo files

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Qtranslate x is not able to read po/mo files

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Agence
    Participant

Hi,

Everything is working fine but when the website is in french, The events calendar always show content in english. http://prntscr.com/f45myi

I placed translation files in wp-content/languages/plugins/ but the bug is still there.

Thank you,
    Maxime

Agence
    Participant

Not found the solution yet… but the problem is Modern Tribe plugins have a much higher priority. The MO files are loaded before the set_locale is set : http://prntscr.com/f48trs

Geoff B.

Good evening Maxime and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Before we begin, please know that we actually do not officially support Qtranslate X compatibility.

We do however support WPML for the Events Calendar and the Events Calendar Pro: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wpml-support/

That being said, a lot of our customers have successfully been using our plugins with Polylang (which is also not supported officially at the moment).

I placed translation files in wp-content/languages/plugins/ but the bug is still there.

When translation file strings are not kicking in, it is usually caused by one of the following things:

1. Your translation files are not up to date
    2. You are using some customized translation files that have been placed in the /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder. These might not be updated and will override any other file.
    3. The strings are translated, but are considered “fuzzy”

In the first 2 cases, the solution is to update your translation files using the pot file. You can do this by using the Poedit software and heading to Catalog > Update from pot file.

In the last case, you will need to make them “unfuzzy” using Poedit.

In your specific case I am not sure exactly how QtranslateX handles priority. But I can tell you that the top priority normally goes to /wp-content/languages/plugins/

One quick test you could run would be to delete the top priority language files temporarily.
    But you are probably better off trying to identify how QtranslateX sets priorities in my humble opinion.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Qtranslate x is not able to read po/mo files’ is closed to new replies.