pt_BR translation of Community Events, Events Calendar and Calendar PRO
Hi, I translated the pt_BR translation of Community Events, Events Calendar and Calendar PRO using Poedit. The archives are available here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/215hbn
My email is email@example.com and I’d like a license for Community Events, if possible.
And I am willing to correct/re-translate anything per request. 😉
Thanks for your patience. I checked out the files you sent, and it looks like you may have updated the existing translation without using the updated .pot file. It’s important to do this so that the new strings which have been added (like our CSV importer) are available for your translation.
To get the new strings, open the .po file for your language in PoEdit. Then click Category –> Update from POT File. Select the .pot file from the /lang folder you downloaded above, and the new strings will then be available in your .po file for you to translate. Once you have those translated you can send me the new files.
Thanks for your hard work!
Thanks for getting in touch. I was testing your files and unfortunately what I’ve discovered is that the problem is on our side- the .pot file was not regenerated in our last release, which is why you haven’t been able to get it all the way up to date. I’m so sorry about that! I have updated the .pot file and you can download it here: https://cloudup.com/c0xj8oPedzl
Updating your .po file with that one will give you the correct strings. My apologies! I am working now to rectify this problem so that no one else will have to deal with an outdated .pot file.
Thanks for asking! I should have mentioned previously that while PRO is mostly okay, we had the same problem with Community. I’ve updated all the .pot files in the Getting Started post so they are all updated and include those recent strings. If you could correct The Events Calendar and Community Events at least, that would be great.
I’m sorry, but it still looks like those files are not updated- there are a number of recent strings missing. I went ahead and updated the files you sent with the latest .pot files. They are now all ready for you to translate- when you open them in PoEdit you’ll see the yellow strings (which may need correction) as well as a number of untranslated strings. Once those are put into Brazilian Portuguese, we’ll be all set 🙂 You can download the updated .po files here.
Thanks so much, these look awesome! I’ve added them to the plugin so they’ll be part of the upcoming maintenance release. And I’ve added your name to the credits.
I’ll be emailing you shortly with a coupon for Community Events. Thank you so much for all your hard work!