Problems with Distance filter

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Problems with Distance filter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pal Negyesi
    Participant

Hi
    Now my site starts to behave like I originally envisioned it to be. I thought, hey, why don’t I throw in the distance filter (after all, I bought the Filter plug-in :)). It seems that was a mistake, because my IT guy is just pulling out his hair.
    So we have two problems:
    – If we change the steps in the Distance filters admin settings, e.g. instead of 5-10-25-50 etc miles, we want it to go 10-20-50 miles, it could not be bothered. So the 5-10-25-50 etc steps remain
    – If we change the miles to kilometres in the Distance filter admin settings, it couldn’t be bothered again. Miles remain stubbornly

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Barry

Hmm, interesting.

I can’t actually connect to your site to take a look – can you confirm the URL you provided is correct? – but I wonder if you might be using a caching plugin or some other caching solution that makes it appear as though the change has not taken place?

If we change the steps in the Distance filters admin settings, e.g. instead of 5-10-25-50 etc miles, we want it to go 10-20-50 miles, it could not be bothered. So the 5-10-25-50 etc steps remain

For the avoidance of doubt, can you confirm the steps you are taking to do this?

Thanks – hopefully we can figure this out before your IT guy looses all his hair 🙂

Pal Negyesi
    Participant

Hi
    Thanks for your reply. Our ISP received a DDOS attack overnight. But now everything is back to normal and you can access ceautoclassic.eu
    Here’s a screenshot of the admin settings. Where else should we change it?
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pnegyesi/14117941802/
    Thanks

Barry

That is indeed the correct location to alter the unit of measure and map view distance limit. I was just clarifying in case I misunderstood your previous post.

we want it to go 10-20-50 miles, it could not be bothered.

So normally it will not automatically adjust itself – you’d need to set up a custom filter to change the actual increments. If you feel it should auto-adjust, though, that would definitely be a great feature request to make 🙂

If we change the miles to kilometres in the Distance filter admin settings, it couldn’t be bothered again. Miles remain stubbornly

Unfortunately it looks like you’ve hit upon a bug here: we’ll get this logged for further attention and will update you as soon as we know when a fix will arrive.

Sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Pal Negyesi
    Participant

thanks for your response

Barry

Happy to help: what I’ll do is close this thread for the time being, but we’ll do our best to reopen and post an update as soon as we’ve got something to report re the kilometres/miles bug.

Thanks again for your support and patience 🙂

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to update you here. We were not able to fix this issue in time for our upcoming release (3.6). However, it is still very much a priority and we hope to have it corrected in the next maintenance release. We will keep you posted on our progress. Thank you for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and update you on the status of this issue. We are working on the upcoming 3.7 release and are happy to say that a fix for this issue will be included. Please keep an eye on your Updates and Plugins pages for an update prompt. If you have any trouble or continue to see this issue after updating, please start a new thread and we can assist you from there. Thank you for your patience while we worked on this issue.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with Distance filter’ is closed to new replies.