Problems with currency symbol and translation

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Problems with currency symbol and translation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yuri

Hi there,

I have problems with translation in header of calendar. In fraze “Events FOR May”, word for shows in english. Also problems with currency symbol. I wanna use letter P(Rouble), but it doesnt allow me to do that. Only $ symbol.

If you can say me, where in code i can fix it, i will do it by myself 🙂

Best wishes,
    Yuri

Nico

Hi there Yuri,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’ll help you here…

Can you please send a screenshot of the “Events FOR May” to see how it displays? Also, which language are you using in your site? Are you using The Events Calendar along with any of the premium add-ons?

Regarding the currency symbol you can just go to WP-Admin > Events > Settings > General > Default currency symbol and change it! Have you done that?

Please let me knwo about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Yury

Hi Nico!
    Thank you for quick answer.

Here is a screenshots – http://imgur.com/a/4QdOA
    1) I’m using Russian language. And its translate all fine except this (FOR).
    2) I also send you scan of this currency symbol. So I’m trying to put there letter P (as closest symbol to rouble currency). But after save its still shows me $.

P.s. I wanna add to premium add-on to my site – inner.live
    Community events and events ticket plus. They are not so cheap and I want that all works perfect 😉

Nico

Thanks for following-up Yuri!

1) I’m using Russian language. And its translate all fine except this (FOR).

It looks like this translation is pending approval. Unfortunately there’s nothing we can do to make it move along. A “translator editor” for Russian has to approve that string.

For now you can use the following code to “force” a translation:

function tribe_custom_theme_text ( $translations, $text, $domain ) {

$custom_text = array('%1$s for %2$s' => '%1$s за %2$s');

if((strpos($domain, 'tribe-') === 0 || strpos($domain, 'the-events-') === 0) && array_key_exists($text, $custom_text) ) {
    $text = $custom_text[$text];
    }

return $text;
    }
    add_filter('gettext', 'tribe_custom_theme_text', 20, 3);

2) I also send you scan of this currency symbol. So I’m trying to put there letter P (as closest symbol to rouble currency). But after save its still shows me $.

I found a recently logged bug in our backlog regarding settings caching and not saving correctly (we should release a fix for this soon). Changing the $ symbol for P works on my end. Can you try saving the symbol a couple of times, also refreshing the settings page might show the updated value.

Please let me know about those,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey there,

Just want to drop a quick note in here to let you know that The Events Calendar 4.2.1 is about to release any moment and it will include a patch for this issue. Please update and let us know if you continue to hit any trouble.

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with currency symbol and translation’ is closed to new replies.