Problems in translation

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Problems in translation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    pmfonseca
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve got a translation problem in The Events Calendar PRO. It’s almost entirely translated. But the widget, in footer, has “Recurring event (See all)” and “View more…”, without translation. In the .po files these expressions are already translated. I went to fetch new strings using the .pot file and made the translations. But the problem remains.
    Any advice?

Barry

Hi pmfonseca,

Sounds like you’re making progress ๐Ÿ™‚

So just to confirm: you found the strings in the .pot file and moved them across to the relevant .po file, is that correct? If so, did you also compile the modified .po file into a .mo file? That is the final (and necessary) step in making a translation that WordPress can work with.

Though written to help folks working with WordPress translations in general, this may shed some light on the process:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress

Does that help at all?

(…as an aside, I’m going to move this across to the Translations forum – but the topic URL should remain the same.)

pmfonseca
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Thanks for you answer.
    Yes, i’ve found the strings in the .pot file and moved them across to the relevant .po file. And yes, i’ve compile the .po file into a .mo file. My Poedit is configured to do that automatically.
    I’ve checked again and the problem remains.
    Any ideas?

Barry

Can you share your .po file (by uploading it to Dropbox/your WP site and sharing the link) so I can take a peek?

pmfonseca
    Participant
    Barry

OK, for me – if I compile it to a .mo file – it works as expected and instead of “View more…” I see “Ver maisโ€ฆ”.

Is it possible that you are making use of caching and so are not seeing the updated output, or something like that?

pmfonseca
    Participant

Hi Barry.
    Meanwhile i downloaded the new versions of The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro; fecht new strings, translated and uploaded the .po files to the server. And it’s done. Problem solved.
    Thanks.
    P.S. By the way, the translation has some errors. If i have some time to do it, I’ll made one and submitted for your consideration.

pmfonseca
    Participant

Issue closed.

Barry

Thank you – and please do feel free to submit any corrections etc – we’ll be glad to receive them and incorporate them ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems in translation’ is closed to new replies.