Plugin Update Crashes Entire Site
I have updated to the newest version and in doing so, it crashed my entire site. I have installed a fresh WP and retored my content and attempted to update the plugin 4 more times – all with the same effect. It crashes everything and cant be recovered without a fresh install and utilizing UpdraftPlus. Ido get this when attempoting to veiw my homepage….. Fatal error: Class ‘Tribe__PUE__Package_Handler’ not found in /home1/rainbpz1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php on line 200
But that is it. Please let me know if there is a fix for the updates so I can update the plugins. Both the free one and the PRO.
We ran into an issue with the packaging of the 4.3.1 update of The Events Calendar and Event Tickets.
There are two main solutions to proceed and work around these issues.
First: Replace the Files of The Events Calendar 220.127.116.11
- If you are able to access your site files via FTP, head to the /wp-content/plugins directory and delete the /the-events-calendar folder there. This will not delete event content.
- Once that is deleted, download a fresh copy of The Events Calendar 18.104.22.168 from WordPress.org 👉 http://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar
- Install this new fresh copy of The Events Calendar 22.214.171.124 on your site.
⚠️ Please Note: If you have Event Tickets on your site, you may also want to do this process for Event Tickets 126.96.36.199, available on WordPress.org here.
Next: PHP 5.2 Fix
If you do the above steps and still see fatal error when you try to access your site, then this is the result of your site’s server running an old version of PHP.
To proceed, first please contact your web host and ask them to upgrade the version of PHP they are running. While we do try to support old versions of PHP 5.2, because WordPress itself does, using out-of-date versions of software like this is bad for security and site performance.
You can contact your web host and request they update their servers by sending a message like this:
I'm interested in running the open-source WordPress (https://wordpress.org/) web software and I was wondering if my account supported the following: • PHP 5.6 or greater • MySQL 5.6 or greater • The mod_rewrite Apache module Thanks!
Then, you have two options for a temporary fix:
- You can head to line 97 of events-calendar-pro/src/functions/template-tags/venue.php from this:
return ! empty( tribe_get_events( $args ) );
$tribe_events = tribe_get_events( $args ); return ! empty( $tribe_events );
- Or you can delete The Events Calendar 188.8.131.52 and Events Calendar Pro 4.3.1 from your site and temporarily re-install versions 4.3 of both plugins until we release a fix for this issue—which we will do promptly and are working on as I type this response.
Thank you so much for your patience! Please let us know if you have further questions on this matter or anything else we can try to help with.
Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.
Thanks so much!
The Events Calendar Support Team