Pagination and Posts Per Page Not Working in WPML Translated Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Pagination and Posts Per Page Not Working in WPML Translated Calendar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Claire Lanyado
    Participant

Hi there,

We’ve got an issue in our German calendar here: https://thomashuebl.com/de/calendar/ – it’s currently set to show 15 events per page but it’s only showing 6 for some reason, and there are definitely recurring and non-recurring events happening after the 6th event (Celebrate Life Festival 2018) on the page. Further, clicking on the next events link displays a no results message (even though there are events), and then if you click previous events then it pages back and shows more events but still only 10 when it still should show more.

Please help!
    – Jonah

Barry

Hi Jonah,

It looks like you are using Divi and we do know of some odd problems that can happen when that theme runs alongside our own plugins.

theeventscalendar.com/extensions/elegant-themes-divi-theme-compatibility

Can you review the above post, try the recommended extension and see if that resolves some or all of what you have described?

Thanks!

Claire Lanyado
    Participant

Hey Barry,

Thanks for the reply! It partially solved the issue in that now the page correctly displays the number of events on first load, but there are still issues with the pagination where no results are displayed even though there is an upcoming event after the current page, and then that upcoming event will show if you first page forward and then back again.

An example is the event on Dec. 27th on the German calendar: https://thomashuebl.com/de/calendar/ – load the page and then page forward, you’ll see no results, then page back and you’ll see the Dec. 27th event.

There is another potentially related issue we just noticed here too, which is that in Safari when paging, the translations of the calendar title and pagination text is lost. Should I create a separate ticket for that?

Thanks and let me know what else can be done here.

– Jonah

Claire Lanyado
    Participant

Just a quick update, you may not see the above issue in the example I provided because we changed the events per page setting on the live site. You can view the issue on the staging site instead: http://unifiedthomas.staging.wpengine.com

Barry

It’s difficult to ascertain what might be WPML related and what, potentially, might come from issues with Divi.

Certainly the same problem is not apparent for me when testing with WPML (whether I use the primary language or a secondary language), but I am testing with a default theme. Are you positioned to do some tests with an unmodified default theme such as Twenty Seventeen yourself?

You may wish to do so in a fresh testing or staging environment. Despite the funny name, poopy.life offers a quick, easy and free means of setting up such a thing 🙂

Claire Lanyado
    Participant

Hey, I forget how this was resolved but it was. Thanks!

Barry

Excellent 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Pagination and Posts Per Page Not Working in WPML Translated Calendar’ is closed to new replies.