Organizers and Venues are limited to 200

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Organizers and Venues are limited to 200

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mynorthmedia
    Participant

In the TribeEventsFilter_Venue and TribeEventsFilter_Organizer classes, there’s an arbitrary limit (your words) of 200 posts in the query. Totally get why – speed, optimization, etc.

Is there any way to switch those dropdowns to some kind of AJAX-powered autocomplete instead of the list as it’s generated now?

We’re running kind of a large community events calendar, currently with 3100+ venues and 1900+ organizers imported into the system from a Ning network. Some posted one event years ago and others are still quite active.

The issue we’re having is that people can’t filter by organizers and venues they can’t see in the list.

Any ideas or help you can offer would be appreciated. If I need to post this somewhere else, like the UserVoice forums, just let me know.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

That is quite the amounts of Venue’s and Organizers you have there. You are correct there is a 200 limit set for those.

You could change the limits yourself. This would be overwritten on updates, but could help you today. There are not filters to change this without modifying the plugin either.

Here are the two files.

\the-events-calendar-filterbar\lib\filters\TribeEventsFilter_Venue.php

\the-events-calendar-filterbar\lib\filters\TribeEventsFilter_Organizer.php

Is there any way to switch those dropdowns to some kind of AJAX-powered autocomplete instead of the list as itโ€™s generated now?

That is possible, but not without customization or us adding it as a feature.

Please head to our UserVoice Page and add your own feature for this as they will increase the chances of it being added to a future version.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizers and Venues are limited to 200’ is closed to new replies.