Organizer Dropdown List Incomplete in Filter Bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Organizer Dropdown List Incomplete in Filter Bar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matthew
    Participant

Hi,

One of the filters I have available on the front end is the Organizer. Unfortunately it is not displaying all of the organizers regardless if it is set to dropdown or checkbox. It was only recently this started happening so I wonder if because we have too many for it now. We currently have 256 organizers.

I’ve recorded a quick screencast in staging with all plugins deactivated to show you the problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwi8XsZZg622cUNzM3dfd3d1V3M/view

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Mat

Cliff

Hi Mat. Thanks to all your detailed information, I was able to confirm this limitation.

Filter Bar limits the Organizers and Venues drop-downs to 200 options. This is an arbitrary limit, likely for performance reasons. Currently, you can find the “200” limitation at the “posts_per_page” argument on Line 26 of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-filterbar/src/Tribe/Filters/Organizer.php

Unfortunately, this limit is hard-coded so it’s not able to be edited via your own hook. Therefore, the only way to remove this limitation is to change the actual core Filter Bar plugin code (which is almost never advisable because you’ll lose this edit anytime Filter Bar gets updated). You could change 200 to 500 or 1000 or -1 for unlimited.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release. I apologize for this issue (that the 200 is not filterable) and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Matthew
    Participant

Thanks Cliff,

I’ve changed it to -1 and that has worked nicely. As you say, this will be undone each update so I’d really appreciate a more permanent fix. It doesn’t seem to have affected the performance so I wouldn’t have thought changing that limit to 500 or 1000 would affect much if you were to add that as in an update.

Please do let me know when the developers arrange a long term fix.

Thanks,
    Mat

Cliff

Glad to hear. As of right now, it’s likely a filter will be added within the next few months. Keep an eye on the changelogs.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey there,

Just want to drop a quick note in here to let you know that Filter Bar 4.2.1 is about to release any moment and it will include a patch for this issue. Please update and let us know if you continue to hit any trouble.

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizer Dropdown List Incomplete in Filter Bar’ is closed to new replies.