option to use normal select, not select2

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar option to use normal select, not select2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sarah
    Participant

I’ve found that the introduction of select2 in Filter Bar has messed up our CSS overrides to blend the interface in with the site’s look and feel. I’ve adjusted to use select2, but actually it’s reduced the usability for our events interface.

I do love select2, I use it as a plugin for CMB2 custom fields. However, it’s best suited to particular circumstances, and doesn’t suit all circumstances. Surely there should be an easy option to revert back to a normal select tag? I read a thread here that mentioned dequeuing the script, but that without select2 the filters ‘may not work’. Obviously that’s not acceptable.

Has there been any progress since then on allowing a simple select tag for the filters?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I guess reverting back to a normal select would be possible with a template override. You can find more details about that in our Themer’s Guide.

We would be very interested to see and hear how it reduces the usability of the interface. Could you please explain, maybe share a URL where it is visible or a screenshot? The more details you can give us the better. This might help us to improve our plugins.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Sarah
    Participant

It reduces usability because it’s a slightly unfamiliar interface which is very useful when there’s a great deal of options, but has no extra benefit when there’s only a few options. It’s not prohibitive, i.e. not a critical issue. However, when there’s only a few options and a normal select would work fine, the slight unfamiliarity of being presented with the select2 interface is a slight reduction in user experience.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah,

thanks for the feedback, I relayed it to our design and dev team.

A team mate did try to do the above for one of our plugins. He did succeed but there is no clean way of doing this.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘option to use normal select, not select2’ is closed to new replies.