Notice: Trying to get property of non-object

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Notice: Trying to get property of non-object

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Hello,

After updating to the latest version of all TEC plugins and WordPress core on my staging site, I’m receiving the following error message:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in .../html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-filterbar/src/Tribe/Filters/Category.php on line 66

The error message repeat themselves over 20+ times in the Filter Bar. I encountered a similar error message a few months ago, which was addressed with an update. The thread can be found here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/category-archive-notice-trying-to-get-property-of-non-object/

Could you please advise?

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin
    Participant

Here’s something that may be helpful in diagnosing what is causing the issue: the number of notices is equal to the number of Event Categories with parents.

Please let me know if there’s additional information I can provide. Thank you.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin!

Thanks for taking your time to report this.

I have indeed been able to replicate the issue. It seems to be happening when child categories are present in the filters and it shows up many times because it triggers that part of the code for each child category.

I will log a bug report for this and link to this thread so we can let you know once fixed in one of our next maintenance releases.

For the moment, disabling the WP_DUBUG_DISPLAY will hide those notices as you might already know from the related thread.

I apologise for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

Benjamin Jenkins
    Participant

Am also getting this error. Do you anticipate it will be fixed any time soon? Thanks.

Kevin
    Participant

Hey Victor and Benjamin,

The latest TEC updates resolved the issue!

Happy holidays,
    Kevin

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin!

Thanks for letting us know about it!

Hi Benjamin! Could you please confirm with us this is resolved for you?

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Notice: Trying to get property of non-object’ is closed to new replies.