Help Desk

Norwegian (Nynorsk) translation for Facebook Events and EDD tickets

Hi!

I’m planning on translating the version of Facebook Events (v3.1) that I have on my non-profit organisations website within the next days. Will be posted below.

I’m also interested in starting to use the EDD tickets for the same site, but since I don’t have it yet it’s kind of hard to do (I’m using the CodeStyling Localization plugin to do the translations). Would it be possible to get my hands on it?

My email is: torbjorn@lauen.no

Best regards,
    Torbjørn

This reply has been marked as private.

Sorry it took a while, but I lost internet connection at home for a couple of weeks. Here’s the Facebook events translations.

https://jumpshare.com/b/kd4Bi9yBAKLfPHT1lBDw

Also one question, why wasn’t the Norwegian Nynorsk translation for Events Calendar and PRO included in the newest update?

Hi Torbjørn,

Thanks for translating Facebook Events. I’m going to be gone for the next week but I will test these and reply when I return.

I’m sorry we didn’t get the files into the 3.4 release. We are improving our process for adding translations so it will be faster and smoother, and the files should be in 3.5. Thank you for your patience!

Best,

Leah

Hey Torbjørn,

I got a chance to look at the Facebook files, and it looks like there are a number of missing translations. For example, the following line are not translated:

#: the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php:135
    #, php-format
    #@ default
    msgid “As of version 1.0.6, you need to enter your own Facebook App ID and App secret. Visit %s to generate yours. Enter your App ID and App Secret on the event’s settings page. “
    msgstr “”

#: the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php:162
    #, php-format
    #@ default
    msgid “Signing up for a Facebook App ID and Secret only takes a second. Visit %s to create yours. “
    msgstr “”

#: the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php:163
    #, php-format
    #@ default
    msgid “Visit %s to learn more about Facebook App Ids and Secrets. “
    msgstr “”

#: the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php:164
    #, php-format
    #@ default
    msgid “You must enter a Facebook App ID and App Secret to continue importing events from Facebook. Visit %s to create yours. “
    msgstr “”

It’s important that all the lines are translated before we add a new translation to a plugin. It would be great if you could finish up the file and repost it for downloading.

Thank you,

Leah

My bad, I didn’t realize there was a dropdown-menu in the CodeStyle Localization plugin where there were more to translate. This should be all now, I hope.

http://jmp.sh/b/kyhHPopabt3WWGX02bQk

Thanks Torbjørn, those looks perfect! I’ll be adding them to the next release. Did you want to get a coupon for a Facebook Events license?

~Leah

Yes, please 🙂

I just sent one your way 😀