Need translation of list-dayname in widget from english to german

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Need translation of list-dayname in widget from english to german

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    von pok paul
    Participant

hello friends,
    i got the plugin “the event calendar pro”. all the parts of the plugin runs perfect in german, but there is one problem and i have no idee what i can do. in the widget “mini-calendar-list” the “list-dayname” ist still in english (DI, JAN, etc.) but i need them in german (DEZ, JAN etc.).

how can i fix the problem? any ideas?
    thank you so much!!!

Barry

Hi there Von Pok Paul,

It looks from your screenshot as if the day of the week is translated from English (as in English it would use “Tue” rather than “Di”).

i need them in german (DEZ, JAN etc.)

Just to clarify things, by default the widget uses the abbreviated day of the week. Are you hoping to use the abbreviated month here?

von pok paul
    Participant

Hello,
    yes, I would like to use the abbreviated month there. As you can see in the screenshot, by the next event in january it seems to already use abbreviated month there. What can I do? Thank you!

Barry

Yes, that mixing of month and day abbreviations is odd … have you added custom templates or does your theme ship with custom event templates? Switching to an unmodified default theme like Twenty Seventeen would be a quick way to test this out.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Need translation of list-dayname in widget from english to german’ is closed to new replies.