Modify Fields in Search Bar for Events Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Modify Fields in Search Bar for Events Calendar

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    eastbayaa
    Participant

The Search Bar as it stands on my site currently (I removed the keyword search) displays the following text labels:

EVENTS FROM (underneath you see the word “Date”)
    NEAR (underneath you see the word “Location”)
    and then a button titled FIND EVENTS

I would like to make the following changes:
    change EVENTS FROM to MEETINGS FROM
    change Location to City
    change FIND EVENTS to FIND MEETINGS

I tried to follow the instructions in this thread (https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/modify-near-field-title-in-the-tribe-location-search-bar/) but was unsuccessful using the change translation text recommendation provided.

I added the following code to my functions.php file in my Child Theme and no change took place.
    ‘add_filter(‘gettext’, ‘theme_filter_text’, 10, 3);

function theme_filter_text( $translations, $text, $domain ) {

if($text === ‘EVENTS FROM’ && $domain === ‘tribe-events-calendar’) {

$text = ‘MEETINGS FROM’;

}

return $text;
    }

Can you please tell me exactly what I need to do to make these three changes?

In a related issue, I’d really like to do a global replace of the word “Events” and change it to “Meetings”. For example, at the bottom of my list view, I see two links on the left and right sides of the page that say Previous Events and Next Events. This is an instance where I’d like it to read Previous Meetings and Next Meetings. Can you please advise on this as well? Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Modify Fields in Search Bar for Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.