Mixed Translation (German/Englisch)

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Mixed Translation (German/Englisch)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andre Bienert
    Participant

Hey Guys,

i have problems with the translation. My WordPress language is “German”. The Events Calendar Plugin translate something in German but not all. I have downloaded the actually .po and .mo files.

When i set the WP Language for example to French – same problem. Someting is translated, something not.

Example:
    Date: 30.September
    Time: 8:00 – 17:00
    Cost: 21€
    Veranstaltung Categories: Top Events
    PREVIOUS VERANSTALTUNGEN

When i change the theme from “Eventica” to “Twenty Seventeen” it works.
    Could you please help me?

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Andre and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

What is going on is that Eventica is registering some of the strings to the theme text domain instead of the Events Calendar (if I recall correctly).

This means that you have a couple of solutions:

1. Find and replace Eventica text-domains in the theme’s  /tribe-events/ folder (you can compare against the files found in the plugin’s  /tribe-events/ folder.
    2. Update the Eventica language files to include the missing translation.

My personal recommendation would be number 1. In fact, I recommend you reach out to the theme author’s to suggest that they put that in place.

We have been working long and hard at improving our language files. It would make sense that the theme piggy’s back on that. But that is just my opinion.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Mixed Translation (German/Englisch)’ is closed to new replies.