Missing translation string for "Event Category:" ?

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Missing translation string for "Event Category:" ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using LOCO translate to translate The Events Calendar into polish language.
    I was able to translate everything except for one string. Event Category: that is located in the details section on the event page.

I will greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you!
    Adam

Geoff B.

Good evening Adam and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Provide you have the very latest version of the files, you simply need to look for the different variations of the “%s Category” string.

Here are a couple of related interesting reads:

1. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/translating-the-events-calendar/
    2. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-override-plugin-language-files/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Adam
    Participant

Hi Geoff!

Thank you for your replay,

I have tried searching for the string “%s Category” – none found

I already have:
    1. “Category” – translated to “Kategoria”
    2. “%s” – no change

… but the full sentence is still not being translated. I think that there must be something missing. Please try it for yourself.

Thanks for the support.

Adam

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Adam,

I am sorry the translation is not kicking in.

I just ran a quick test using the latest version of our language files and switched my calendar to Polish.

When translation file strings are not kicking in, it is usually caused by one of the following things:

1. Your translation files are not up to date
    2. You are using some customized translation files that have been placed in the /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder. These might not be updated and will override any other file.
    3. The strings are translated, but are considered “fuzzy”

In the first 2 cases, the solution is to update your translation files using the pot file. You can do this by using the Poedit software and heading to Catalog > Update from pot file.

In the last case, you will need to make them “unfuzzy” using Poedit.

I had to update the latest po/mo files in Polish using Poedit and it works (see the attached files – Polish)

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Adam
    Participant

Hi Geoff!

Thank you for quick reply.
    I’m still having problem translating the string.

In the event details section – it looks like there is a template file (.php ?)that combines two separate translation strings into one and it gets bad translation results. Which file should I edit to change the template file?

“EVENT CATEGORIES” should be translated to “KATEGORIE WYDARZENIA” or simply “WYDARZENIA”
    same problem with
    “EVENT TAGS” should be translated to “TAGI WYDARZENIA” or simply “TAGI”

Please help!

Thank you very much!
    Adam

Geoff B.

Good evening Adam,

I would love to help you get to the bottom of these syntax issues.

You are correct. When it comes to these types of translation, they are using a variable (%s).
    To fix the syntax, you simply need to alter the sequence of the strings for Polish (see screenshot)

In your case that can be controlled via Loco translate (which also lets you decide what source to use). You should be able to update it there.

In case you are interested here is a version of the Polish language files with that idea adapted: Polishv2

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing translation string for "Event Category:" ?’ is closed to new replies.