Missing Dutch translation

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Missing Dutch translation

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    corne029
    Participant

Hi in the email confirmation for Event Tickets the following text is still English “You’ll receive your tickets in another email. ”

This should be: “U ontvangt de tickets in een aparte email”

Leah

Hi corne029,

Thanks for getting in touch. It looks like the Dutch translation of WooCommerce Tickets is very outdated. I’d love to have you update the whole thing, and that would get that line corrected.

If you’re interested, you can find instructions and files in our Getting Started post. We’d be happy to give you a free license or renewal for WooCommerce Tickets in exchange for your hard work too! That offer extends to our other plugins as well- it looks like those that have a Dutch translation are very outdated, so we’d love to have someone work on them.

Thanks,

Leah

corne029
    Participant

This reply is private.

Leah

Hello corne029,

For translating WooCommerce Tickets, you can use the existing wootickets-nl_NL.po file and just update it (Be sure you follow the instructions to update it before translating). Facebook Events has never been translated into Dutch, so you’ll want to make a new file using the tribe-fb-import.pot file. The Getting Started post has all the files and instructions.

Best,

Leah

corne029
    Participant

This reply is private.

corne029
    Participant

This reply is private.

Leah

Thanks corne029, I really appreciate you working on these! I will take a look over the files tomorrow or Friday and get back to you. I’ll be sure to look into that string you mentioned as well. I’ll post here again after I review the files.

Best,

Leah

corne029
    Participant

This reply is private.

Leah

Thanks for catching that! I’ll wait for you to check before I test the translations.

~Leah

corne029
    Participant

This reply is private.

corne029
    Participant

This reply is private.

Leah

Hello corne029,

Thank you so much for posting these! I will test them out as soon as I can and then reply to you here.

Best,

Leah

Leah

Hello corne029,

Thanks for your patience. I was able to take a look at these files today. The translations for Facebook Events, WooCommerce Tickets, and Filter Bar all look great. I’ve added the files to the plugins so they’ll be available with the next maintenance release.

The other three translations (The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO, and Community Events) need to be updated. It looks like you added to the existing translation files without updating them from the most recent .pot files, which is a crucial step.

To update the files, open the .po file for your language in PoEdit. Then click Category –> Update from POT File. Select the .pot file from the /lang folder you downloaded above, and the new strings will then be available in your .po file for you to translate. Once you added those new strings, I’ll retest the files.

I’ll be emailing you shortly so that you can get a free license for Facebook Events, WooCommerce Tickets, and Filter Bar. Thanks so much for you work on these!

Best,

Leah

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing Dutch translation’ is closed to new replies.