Max Cost on Filter Bar of 1000?

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Max Cost on Filter Bar of 1000?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Matthew
    Participant

In my filter bar the max price it will display is 999. If you have events that cost 1000 or more they will display in the events list but you can not filter their price. So if I have 2 events that cost 1500 and 1900, I can not set my filter bar to distinguish between them (I do have events like this so it is a problem).

Can anyone help me with this? I can give guest access to my site and wordpress dashboard if needed (my site is behind a coming soon banner at the minute).

Thanks,
    Matthew Boyd

Geoff

Hi there, Matthew! Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the issue here with max prices in the Filter Bar.

By default, the maximum price in the Filter Bar cost field range should pick up the highest available price among active tickets. For example, if $50 is the top price of any ticket, then the maximum price in the cost field range would be $50. By that some token, creating an active ticket that costs $5,000 will increase the maximum range of the cost field accordingly to $5,000.

Is this not happening for you? First off, I would make sure that the highest priced ticket you would expect to display in the range is in fact an active ticket that is currently for sale.

If that ticket is active and still not affecting the cost field range, then we may need to test for further conflicts. For example, I see you noted having tried activated a default WordPress theme (like Twenty Fifteen) and deactivating all other installed plugins–did you notice any difference in those conditions? How about when activating a default WordPress themeย while deactivating all other plugins?

Let’s start here and see what we find. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Matthew
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi Matthew,

That certainly does sound strange. I’d like to take a look at it more closely, but our policy prevents us from logging into your site. Do you have a development server where we can troubleshoot? Or perhaps you can share screenshots of the tickets being sold on the front and back end as well as the filter bar only displaying the incorrect range?

The next thing I would also like to try here is creating a fresh test site–this will avoid any disruption to your live site and ensure that we’ve effectively got a “clean canvas” to work with.

• Please install a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory (if you have cPanel hosting account there will probably be a one-click install to make this really easy)
    • Don’t install anything except The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO and Filter Bar
    • Please also stick to a default theme–again, there’s no need to install anything else just yet!
    • Create a few events so we have some test data to work with
    • Can you replicate the same problem?

If you find you can replicate the problem under these conditions it would be awesome if you could stop and let us know so we can take a look while the site is still running under default conditions.

Thanks for your help!

Geoff

Matthew
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

So, I set up a new temporary site and installed the events calendar as you said. I created some events and the cost range adjusts as it should (without the issue of the 900 maximum). So the problem is something to do with my site. (This is the temporary site: http://26c.288.myftpupload.com/events/)

So now I’m a bit stuck, I’ve tried again deactivating all my plugins and activating the twenty fifteen theme. Same problem. I left it like that and deleted the events over 1000. It still reads 900, even when the most expensive event listed is 795. So I deleted all my events and it STILL reads 0-900 even when there are no events!

Oddly enough, when I enter an event cost between 900-1000 it does adjust the max range! I’ve taken some screen shots of this but I can’t see anywhere to attach photos in this comment?

I’ve taken the coming soon block down so you can have a look at the front end at least. If you could just let me know when you don’t need it open anymore so I can put the block back on, thanks:

http://physiocourse.com/events

Cheers,
    Mat

Matthew
    Participant

Hi again,

Sorry, it just occurred to me that I’m having another issue that may be relevant. You can see in the map view that all of the events are not showing (see those in Sydney only display once you click the ‘clinical edge’ filter). I was planning to open a support ticket about this at some point, I’m not sure if it’s relevant to the cost range problem.

Thanks,
    Mat

Geoff

Hey Matthew–thanks for following up! And thanks for setting up the test site. I really appreciate that and it helps a ton.

The good news is that it seems we have isolated the issue to a conflict. Figuring out exactly where that conflict is will be the bugger.

First off, do you have any caching services on your host or in another plugin? I wonder if the max range on the live site is being cached in some way that would prevent it from updating with the latest max value.

Next, I think it would be a good idea to start recreating your live site on the test site. In other words, start by installing the same theme and check to see if the problem shows up. Then, install each plugin one at a time and check for the issue after each one. Of course, you will want to create a new event each time with a new max cost so that you can see if the issue is actually present. Hopefully, this process will reveal a conflict with a specific installed component of your site.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

I should have added that I think the map issue is something else altogether. It would be great to file a separate thread on that, though I might suggest trying the Event Rocket plugin in this case before you open a thread. Event Rocket will allow you to check the coordinates of the venue and manually reset them, if needed.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Matthew
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

So, I finally figured it out. The crux of it is that as far as I can tell you can’t put anything but a single numeric value in the cost field. If you do it will break the filter (although whatever you write will still display within the event just fine).

So I had things like this: 225 CAD, 1495-1795 AUD, 225 GBP

Both the hyphens and the letters all seem to break the cost filter. So I’ve managed to sort that out now (I only noticed this when playing around on the test site so thanks for your advice on that, I’ll leave it up in case I have other issues).

For the benefit of anyone browsing the forum with a similar issue I’ll just write how I worked around it:

I’m using CSV import as I’m collating thousands of events in many different countries (therefore currencies).
    First I took everything out of the cost field (spreadsheet cell) but for a single numeric value (e.g. 1400).
    After importing all my events I manually went through each of them and changed the currency symbol to _AUD or _CAD etc. and changed the dropdown to ‘after cost’
    Then I went in the settings, removed the default currency symbol and changed the title of my filter to just ‘cost’ and not ‘cost($)’.

Very labor intensive solution I know but there is no way to CSV import my currency symbols as far as I can tell (is that right Geoff?).

Anyway, after doing all that the cost filter works just fine again ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope this helps anyone having a similar problem. Thanks for your help Geoff.

Mat

Geoff

Fantastic! Nice work, Mat. ๐Ÿ™‚

You’re spot on here. Awesome job noting that non-numeric characters were at play here. I know others will find this and your solution super helpful.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but do please feel free to start a new one if other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Max Cost on Filter Bar of 1000?’ is closed to new replies.